Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Electricity Export

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 11:28:30 +0000, mogga wrote:

Indeed I could link one meter to the other (via a power controller of
some sort) and make still make money! Buying at 7.191 selling at 7.8,
humm...

At what point do you think they'd notice? ;-)

I suspect if one wasn't greedy it would take quite a while. If I did put
up a turbine it would not be a toy one like the B&Q offering but one that
stands a chance of providing my base load for a significant period of
time. So a rating of around 5 to 10kW.

Now historical records of use on the Equipower tarrif show 1/unit day.
Today it's a bit blowy (average above 20mph (F5, 9m/s) for the last 4hrs,
and it's getting over 30mph now (F7, 14m/s) so I could probably be
pumping the full rated output of the turbine across without anyone
noticing. Link the bridging power controller to the anemonter and it
would be auto magic.

I think biggest problem would be getting the export meter installed
without installing a turbine.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail