Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Baxi boiler opinions?

Our unpressurized central heating, currently powered by an Ocean 240P (don't
touch with a bargepole is my personal opinion) needs replacing and the
recommendation from our first quote is a Baxi which apparently has a
built-in expansion tank.

Anyone have any good or bad experiences of these?

Thanks,
Paul DS

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 14:07:05 -0000, "Paul D.Smith"
wrote:

Our unpressurized central heating, currently powered by an Ocean 240P (don't
touch with a bargepole is my personal opinion) needs replacing and the
recommendation from our first quote is a Baxi which apparently has a
built-in expansion tank.

Anyone have any good or bad experiences of these?

Thanks,
Paul DS

Baxi generally have a bad name for modern boilers and are accused of
trading on an old reputation, now lost. But two friends have them and
are happy.

Makes considered reliable seem to have Worcester Bosch or Vaillant in
the name.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Our unpressurized central heating, currently powered by an Ocean 240P (don't
touch with a bargepole is my personal opinion) needs replacing and the
recommendation from our first quote is a Baxi which apparently has a
built-in expansion tank.

Anyone have any good or bad experiences of these?

Thanks,
Paul DS

Baxi generally have a bad name for modern boilers and are accused of
trading on an old reputation, now lost. But two friends have them and
are happy.

Makes considered reliable seem to have Worcester Bosch or Vaillant in
the name.

I have had great service from their support "Heat Team", I guess support
is something that should be considered ......
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Paul D.Smith" wrote in message
.. .
Our unpressurized central heating, currently powered by an Ocean 240P
(don't touch with a bargepole is my personal opinion) needs replacing and
the recommendation from our first quote is a Baxi which apparently has a
built-in expansion tank.

Anyone have any good or bad experiences of these?

Thanks,
Paul DS

My personal expierience with a Baxi back-boilder and fire front fitted 6
years ago has been fine, can't fault it. It's had 1 thermocouple recently,
and usual services.

Alan.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Our unpressurized central heating, currently powered by an Ocean 240P
(don't
touch with a bargepole is my personal opinion) needs replacing and the
recommendation from our first quote is a Baxi which apparently has a
built-in expansion tank.

Anyone have any good or bad experiences of these?

Thanks,
Paul DS

Baxi generally have a bad name for modern boilers and are accused of
trading on an old reputation, now lost. But two friends have them and
are happy.

Makes considered reliable seem to have Worcester Bosch or Vaillant in
the name.

Viessmann, ECO-Homtec, Etag, Atmos, Quantum are V good boilers are the
amongst the best.

Indirect Pandora Heatbank and Man Micromat/Boiler compatability [email protected] UK diy 40 May 24th 06 09:19 PM
New condensing boiler installation - truth or lies Martin Evans UK diy 57 July 2nd 05 02:13 PM
Baxi Boiler [email protected] UK diy 4 June 1st 05 09:10 PM
11degC across Boiler, why? Tom UK diy 54 September 24th 04 07:32 AM
Baxi Bermuda boiler Steve UK diy 10 October 21st 03 08:03 PM