Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Potterton Profile Control Unit

Has anyone got the circuit diagram of the printed circuit board in the
Potterton Profile Control Unit?
In particular can anyone tell me the resistance value of the resistor
R15? The painted bands have gone on the one in my unit.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 04:08:03 -0700, Andy Green wrote:

Has anyone got the circuit diagram of the printed circuit board in the
Potterton Profile Control Unit?
In particular can anyone tell me the resistance value of the resistor
R15? The painted bands have gone on the one in my unit.

There is a company that refurbishes these units at reasonable cost
(with VAT and post they are still under 1/2 what you would give at
spares shop fro anew one), they also come with a 12 month guarantee.

The owner will probably be along soon to tell just how much. The only way
I could tell you is by dismantling my working spare unit from my store
room.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message .com, Andy
Green writes
Has anyone got the circuit diagram of the printed circuit board in the
Potterton Profile Control Unit?
In particular can anyone tell me the resistance value of the resistor
R15? The painted bands have gone on the one in my unit.

.... Shuffles feet

yes, but the answer is - you're wrong

It's put there to catch people out who don't know what they are doing

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

R15 is 100K

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...it-291763-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/05/2021 21:15, HB wrote:
R15 is 100K

If you believe your post to a 14 year old thread is useful, please read
this:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Home_owners_hub

And you'll discover what a plonker you look like to the rest of Usenet
readers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

HB wrote

R15 is 100K

Bit late after 14 years.

--
For full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...it-291763-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 17 May 2021 08:13:40 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Bit late after 14 years.

YOU were a filthy senile trolling asshole already back then, senile Rodent!

cretin's pathological trolling:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

What I don't get is why this forum system glued onto a Usenet back end still
exists. Its clearly naff in the extreme, and I doubt if those running it are
ignorant of the complete laughing stock it has become outside on the Usenet.
For that matter, why don't the Usernet backbone admins excommunicate it
until its fixed?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
HB wrote

R15 is 100K

Bit late after 14 years.

--
For full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...it-291763-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17 May 2021 at 08:47:48 BST, ""Brian Gaff \" Sofa\)"
wrote:

What I don't get is why this forum system glued onto a Usenet back end still
exists. Its clearly naff in the extreme, and I doubt if those running it are
ignorant of the complete laughing stock it has become outside on the Usenet.
For that matter, why don't the Usernet backbone admins excommunicate it
until its fixed?
Brian

There is no backbone. No cabal either for that matter.

--
Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

What I don't get is why this forum system glued onto a Usenet back end
still exists.

Because hardly anyone knows that usenet even exists.

Its clearly naff in the extreme, and I doubt if those running it are
ignorant of the complete laughing stock it has become outside on the
Usenet.

Unlikely that those who set it up care what us old fogey think.

For that matter, why don't the Usernet backbone admins

No such animal.

excommunicate it until its fixed?

See above.

Rod Speed wrote
HB wrote

R15 is 100K

Bit late after 14 years.

--
For full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...it-291763-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 17 May 2021 08:47:48 +0100, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

What I don't get is why this forum system glued onto a Usenet back end still
exists. Its clearly naff in the extreme, and I doubt if those running it are
ignorant of the complete laughing stock it has become outside on the Usenet.
For that matter, why don't the Usernet backbone admins excommunicate it
until its fixed?
Brian

You are, of course, completely oblivious of the fact that it's largely
endlessly driveling and bull****ting, really senile, morons like you that
have successfully ****ed all the ngs you infest!

Someone asks some really, really retarded question and you miserable idiots
QUICKLY and THANKFULLY come running along to start and maintain the most
idiotic long threads you ever saw.