Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Does Hep20 Pipework in Floor Void need Insultation & Support?

Over the summer I had a radiator moved from the inside wall of a
downstairs room to underneath the window. The plumber used Hep20
pipework and ran it through the floor void.

While checking an airbrick I noticed that the new pipework is within
about 6 inches of the airbrick and isn't insulated. Should I get the
pipework insulated (not the easiest thing to do as it's a difficult
space to get into) or is it likely to be OK (given that the void should
warm up indirectly & as the heating is likely to be used in very cold
periods)?

Also - I can't tell what the plumber did to support the pipework (it's
about a 3 metre run to the radiator) - is this something I should get
checked?

Tech Support Cliff Metalworking 4 February 10th 06 12:12 AM
Service Support and Parts Supplies Leonard Caillouet Electronics Repair 15 February 3rd 06 02:10 AM
OT - For Kathy Cliff Metalworking 3 September 1st 05 03:58 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM