Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How do I saw my MDF Bath panel plinth lengthways neatly?

I'm about to fit a bath panel and plinth which are made of MDF. (Can't
change for any other type as I bought it a long time ago).
The plinth has to be trimmed slightly (length ways at a slight angle )
to fit correctly.
What's the neatest way to do this. I've got a handsaw and a cheapo
jigsaw.
It needs to be quite neat as I won't be able to put sealant where it
touches the vinyl flooring because the valves for switching off the
bath tabs are at floor level immediately behind where the plinth will
go, so the plinth needs to be removable.

Am I better to mark it and try and take it somewhere to get it cut ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

The circular saw can give the desired angle you need and then all you have
to do is clamp a straight edge on the panel to guide the saw through.
You can of course use the same tecnique using the jigsaw but if its a
cheapo chances are it wont give a clean cut.
Dont know what Jiggy you have? but the one I've got has a screw on the shoe
to angle the cut.

Sorry, i should have explained better, when I said a slight angle I
meant the bath is at a very slight angle tipping to the plug hole so
the cut is not parallel to the edge of the plinth.