Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default How do I saw my MDF Bath panel plinth lengthways neatly?

wrote:
I'm about to fit a bath panel and plinth which are made of MDF. (Can't
change for any other type as I bought it a long time ago).
The plinth has to be trimmed slightly (length ways at a slight angle )
to fit correctly.
What's the neatest way to do this. I've got a handsaw and a cheapo
jigsaw.
It needs to be quite neat as I won't be able to put sealant where it
touches the vinyl flooring because the valves for switching off the
bath tabs are at floor level immediately behind where the plinth will
go, so the plinth needs to be removable.

Am I better to mark it and try and take it somewhere to get it cut ?

Depends how much you're taking off. If it's over say 5mm, just use a
handsaw. If it's a tapering down to nothing kind of a cut, the circular
saw/batten method would be best