Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Help to identify tap part

Hi
I have been trying to obtain a new valve for my tap, but without luck.
I have been to all the sheds and plumbers merchants locally and none of
them stock or have seen what I need.

The tap is only a few years old, but does not have any identifiable
markings or serial number to go by.

The part I need is the barrel/valve from the inside of the hot handle.
This is a quarter turn 'franke' type (but not Franke) tap.

You will see from the pics that the part is plastic, measures 3.5cm in
diameter and about 6cm in length.

Any ideas of someone who would stock anything like this?

http://aycu12.webshots.com/image/405...0552003_rs.jpg

http://aycu30.webshots.com/image/566...8676314_rs.jpg

http://aycu38.webshots.com/image/563...8395757_rs.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Zoolanda wrote:
Hi
I have been trying to obtain a new valve for my tap, but without luck.
I have been to all the sheds and plumbers merchants locally and none
of them stock or have seen what I need.

http://www.brev.co.uk/

Fitted some last week, a local place had them in stock.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Excellent - the guy (Dave) I spoke to at brev was very very helpfull
and got me the right part within a few mins! All they need is a better
website (I did try selling him one!).

Thanks for the link Mr Handyman.