Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ping Phillip

Have you ever used that *Projection* plaster?
reason being I need to lay on a thick coat of plaster to bring the wall
level.
The recesses(large area) is about half inch depth to the surrounding
outside area and would be silly trying to fill it with *Multi-Finish* just
wondering if this will suffice as its supposed to cover in a 13mm
thickness.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Have you ever used that *Projection* plaster?
reason being I need to lay on a thick coat of plaster to bring the wall
level.
The recesses(large area) is about half inch depth to the surrounding
outside area and would be silly trying to fill it with *Multi-Finish* just
wondering if this will suffice as its supposed to cover in a 13mm
thickness.

I think thats what bonding plaster is designed for - its got some kind
of gritty filler in it apart from the plaster, so its both cheap and
doesn't shrink/crack when slapped on in half inch layers.

THEN use finish plaster over the top for a sexy smooth finish.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Have you ever used that *Projection* plaster?
reason being I need to lay on a thick coat of plaster to bring the
wall level.
The recesses(large area) is about half inch depth to the surrounding
outside area and would be silly trying to fill it with *Multi-Finish*
just wondering if this will suffice as its supposed to cover in a 13mm
thickness.

I've put bonding on 25mm thick in one hit, then another 20mm on a few hours
later, but it takes some drying out!

Bonding shoulkd be mixed similarly to skimming but not as wet, especially if
you want to put it on in thick coats...don't try to get it on in one if it's
above 10mm as it may sag and cause bulges, put on about 7mm at a time and
leave for 10 minutes, also, don't wet the wall too much beforehand, just a
few splashes to reduce some of the suction.

another tip: skim bonding or browning within 8 hours of putting it on,
leaving it 'til the following day makes it too much like hard work - most
plasterers will only 'rough-in' (bonding/browning etc) what they are capable
of skimming the same day

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Have you ever used that *Projection* plaster?
reason being I need to lay on a thick coat of plaster to bring the
wall level.
The recesses(large area) is about half inch depth to the surrounding
outside area and would be silly trying to fill it with
*Multi-Finish* just wondering if this will suffice as its supposed
to cover in a 13mm thickness.

I think thats what bonding plaster is designed for - its got some kind
of gritty filler in it apart from the plaster, so its both cheap and
doesn't shrink/crack when slapped on in half inch layers.

Wouldn't know,hence me asking.

Info is not available on the BG homepage.
http://www.british-gypsum.com/PDF/DS-108-01.pdf

THEN use finish plaster over the top for a sexy smooth finish.

I get a better finish than that...Silky is more sexier.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Phil L wrote:

I've put bonding on 25mm thick in one hit, then another 20mm on a few
hours later, but it takes some drying out!

Bonding shoulkd be mixed similarly to skimming but not as wet,
especially if you want to put it on in thick coats...don't try to get
it on in one if it's above 10mm as it may sag and cause bulges, put
on about 7mm at a time and leave for 10 minutes, also, don't wet the
wall too much beforehand, just a few splashes to reduce some of the
suction.

another tip: skim bonding or browning within 8 hours of putting it on,
leaving it 'til the following day makes it too much like hard work -
most plasterers will only 'rough-in' (bonding/browning etc) what they
are capable of skimming the same day

Good stuff,managed it in one coat. ;-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Fly by night PING PING Shopdog Woodworking 6 May 18th 06 04:08 AM
Ping pong table top Yao Woodworking 5 April 4th 06 05:39 AM
Ping N. Thornton N. Thornton UK diy 9 December 23rd 04 08:55 PM
ping davenoise :::Jerry:::: UK diy 2 December 12th 04 11:44 PM
Ping Pong Table [email protected] Woodworking 8 September 15th 04 09:12 PM