Posted to uk.d-i-y
SJP SJP is offline

Default Washing machine hot water stopper

Washing machine has packed up and new machine only needs a cold
feed,existing uses both. I know I can just turn the tap off on the hot but I
never trust those washing machine connections so is there also a blanking
thing I can use for extra security?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from "SJP" contains these words:

Washing machine has packed up and new machine only needs a cold
feed,existing uses both. I know I can just turn the tap off on the hot
but I
never trust those washing machine connections so is there also a blanking
thing I can use for extra security?

Free the screw-ring from the now spare hose and shove a tuppeny bit in
it, then screw it, with original sealing washer, over the outlet.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Guy King wrote:
The message
from "SJP" contains these words:

Washing machine has packed up and new machine only needs a cold
feed,existing uses both. I know I can just turn the tap off on the hot
but I
never trust those washing machine connections so is there also a blanking
thing I can use for extra security?

Free the screw-ring from the now spare hose and shove a tuppeny bit in
it, then screw it, with original sealing washer, over the outlet.

--
Skipweasel

Had the same issue with our last machine, I just turned the tap off,
but its in an outside utillity room not the house, thats why the
utillity was
built.... two washing machine floods and I decided to build it its own
home with the tumble dryer and dog as company !!