Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Steve Irwin....... It didnt take long............

http://www.theweirdweb.com/wforum/fo...655&PN=1&TPN=1

He will be sadly Missed

J.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Jonathan Rhys-Lewis contains these words:

He will be sadly Missed

Not by me. He was an odious animal-baiter who courted danger once too
often. Couldn't stand the bloke.

(insert usual disclaimers about feeling sad for his family etc here)

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Guy King wrote:

The message
from Jonathan Rhys-Lewis contains these words:

He will be sadly Missed

Not by me. He was an odious animal-baiter who courted danger once too
often. Couldn't stand the bloke.

The stunt with his new baby and the crocodile put me off the guy. If
you want to put your own life at risk then fine, but don't do it to
anybody else.

(insert usual disclaimers about feeling sad for his family etc here)

Ditto

John
--
John White,
Electrical Contractor
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John White wrote:

The stunt with his new baby and the crocodile put me off the guy. If
you want to put your own life at risk then fine, but don't do it to
anybody else.

I don't know why people always get so wound up about other people's
babies - as far as I'm concerned, you have a baby, it's yours - you can
do with it whatever you want (within reason).

ducks

--
Grunff
(who doesn't have children)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Guy King wrote:
The message
from Jonathan Rhys-Lewis contains these words:

He will be sadly Missed

Not by me. He was an odious animal-baiter who courted danger once too
often. Couldn't stand the bloke.

(insert usual disclaimers about feeling sad for his family etc here)

Maybe he should have stuck to crocs and snakes, which he obviously knew
and understood from way back. I imagine there are divers out there who
would say he had it coming.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grunff wrote:

John White wrote:

The stunt with his new baby and the crocodile put me off the guy. If
you want to put your own life at risk then fine, but don't do it to
anybody else.

I don't know why people always get so wound up about other people's
babies - as far as I'm concerned, you have a baby, it's yours - you can
do with it whatever you want (within reason).

ducks

You do realise that certain people will be choking on their wholemeal
lentil quiche and dandelion coffee even as you read this. :-)

John
--
John White,
Electrical Contractor
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John White wrote:
Grunff wrote:

John White wrote:

The stunt with his new baby and the crocodile put me off the guy. If
you want to put your own life at risk then fine, but don't do it to
anybody else.

I don't know why people always get so wound up about other people's
babies - as far as I'm concerned, you have a baby, it's yours - you can
do with it whatever you want (within reason).

ducks

You do realise that certain people will be choking on their wholemeal
lentil quiche and dandelion coffee even as you read this. :-)

John
--
John White,
Electrical Contractor

Of course no one tells you how the sting ray is doing

(I did hear a rumor its in line for an OBE )

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John White" wrote in message
Grunff wrote:

John White wrote:

The stunt with his new baby and the crocodile put me off the guy. If
you want to put your own life at risk then fine, but don't do it to
anybody else.

I don't know why people always get so wound up about other people's
babies - as far as I'm concerned, you have a baby, it's yours - you can
do with it whatever you want (within reason).

ducks

You do realise that certain people will be choking on their wholemeal
lentil quiche and dandelion coffee even as you read this. :-)

John
--
John White,
Electrical Contractor

Unlikely as they won't want to be using the earths precious resources
getting involved with us daft buggers !!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Jonathan Rhys-Lewis
saying something like:

http://www.theweirdweb.com/wforum/fo...655&PN=1&TPN=1

He will be sadly Missed

Not by the 'ray. Bloody good shot, imo.
--

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://www.drzoidberg.co.uk/irwin.jpg

--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with btinternet dot com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Guy King
writes
The message
from Jonathan Rhys-Lewis contains these words:

He will be sadly Missed

Not by me. He was an odious animal-baiter who courted danger once too
often. Couldn't stand the bloke.

You didn't even point at the link, did you !

******* posted it before I did

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Chris Hodges
writes
http://www.drzoidberg.co.uk/irwin.jpg

Yes, I think we've all seen all of them by now, even that one
shamelessly plagiarised by a member of UKRM

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Apparently, according to this morning's radio news, his family want the
fatal incident to be shown on TV. Just me, or is that just a bit weird?

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Apparently, according to this morning's radio news, his family want the
fatal incident to be shown on TV. Just me, or is that just a bit weird?

I suppose it would stop all the speculation - and per the other reply,
something they could include in the DVD of the series under "bloopers"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lobster wrote:
Apparently, according to this morning's radio news, his family want the
fatal incident to be shown on TV. Just me, or is that just a bit weird?

David

I hope the stingray gets a book deal

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Jonathan Rhys-Lewis
URL:mailto
He will be sadly Missed

Not by anyone with any feeling for the animals he baited and tormented. It
was only a matter of time before one of them outwitted him.

--
AJL
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)" wrote in message
. ..
In article , Jonathan
Rhys-Lewis
URL:mailto
He will be sadly Missed

Not by anyone with any feeling for the animals he baited and tormented. It
was only a matter of time before one of them outwitted him.

--
AJL

If it had happened prior to his child's birth, then it would be eligible for
a Darwin !!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Owain wrote:
Lobster wrote:

Apparently, according to this morning's radio news, his family want the
fatal incident to be shown on TV. Just me, or is that just a bit weird?

Would it be too cynical of me to mention "viewing figures" and "royalty
payments"?

There is that, but it would also be a lesson for all the other people
in the world working with crocs, and may well result in saving a life.
So fair nuff.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

There is that, but it would also be a lesson for all the other people
in the world working with crocs, and may well result in saving a life.
So fair nuff.

I don't think this pic has been posted in here yet, but its one of the
"nicer" spoofs that circulated after his death...

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/3473/ripstevewg7.jpg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article .com,
wrote:
Apparently, according to this morning's radio news, his family want
the fatal incident to be shown on TV. Just me, or is that just a
bit weird?

Would it be too cynical of me to mention "viewing figures" and
"royalty payments"?

There is that, but it would also be a lesson for all the other people
in the world working with crocs, and may well result in saving a life.
So fair nuff.

Maybe if it had been a croc that killed him? ;-)

--
*You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article .com,
wrote:
Apparently, according to this morning's radio news, his family want
the fatal incident to be shown on TV. Just me, or is that just a
bit weird?

Would it be too cynical of me to mention "viewing figures" and
"royalty payments"?

There is that, but it would also be a lesson for all the other people
in the world working with crocs, and may well result in saving a life.
So fair nuff.

Maybe if it had been a croc that killed him? ;-)

And todays joke doing the text messaging is "he should have used sun cream,
it protects against harmful rays"

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
ARWadsworth writes

wrote:
Apparently, according to this morning's radio news, his family want
the fatal incident to be shown on TV. Just me, or is that just a
bit weird?

Would it be too cynical of me to mention "viewing figures" and
"royalty payments"?

There is that, but it would also be a lesson for all the other people
in the world working with crocs, and may well result in saving a life.
So fair nuff.

Maybe if it had been a croc that killed him? ;-)

And todays joke doing the text messaging is "he should have used sun
cream, it protects against harmful rays"

This has been kicking around for a few days now

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~nick_tu...ges/irwino.jpg

do keep up at the back

--
geoff