Shawn

Default Looking for long HICKORY flooring boards (6'-8')

Hello :

I'm putting 800 sqft of hardwood flooring down in the second floor of my
house. Right now, it's just plywood subflooring.

We've looked around quite a bit, and like the idea of pre-finished hardwood.
Real, 3/4" tongue and groove wood - not pergo or laminate. Can't stand that
stuff. Anyways, we like the idea of the pre-finished boards because most of
the companies provide a 25-year warranty on the finish. The second reason
is that finishers are getting about $1.75 sqft to finish hardwood, and that
seems like alot, especially when it won't last 25 years. Third - all that
sanding ..... the dust will take months to get rid of.

Of the woods we've looked, we really like hickory. We like the variety in
the coloration, from light to dark, and we like the grain patterns. We
found a place in our local town that sells prefinished hickory by a company
named Somerset. The hickory is in their Options Natural collection.

However, it seems expensive ($6.59 sqft) and the maximum length boards they
sell are 3-feet long. I don't like that many joints in my hardwood floors.
I like wide boards (5") and long boards. 6 or 7 or 8 feet if I can get
them. I put 12' souther yellow pine boards down in my mud room.

Does anyone know of a company that sells pre-treated hickory boards that are
long, and maybe less expensive than what I said above :-o

Thanks in advance to all !!

Shawn