Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default how to replace curved shower door glass?

Folks,

Just had a nasty experience - my shower door has two curved panes that slide together on runners to
form a seal when closed. For no apparent reason one of them just exploded and deposited glass
everywhere while I was in it.

Where can I get an replacement door glass?
There doesn't seem to any ID on the shower to say what make it is, but my guess is that it
originally came from B&Q or similar.

Thanks -Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adam Lipscombe wrote:

Just had a nasty experience - my shower door has two curved panes that
slide together on runners to form a seal when closed. For no apparent
reason one of them just exploded and deposited glass everywhere while I
was in it.

Where can I get an replacement door glass?
There doesn't seem to any ID on the shower to say what make it is, but
my guess is that it originally came from B&Q or similar.

If you don't even know the supplier I'd say you've got a bat in hell's
chance of getting replacement glass. If you can't find an identical
model on sale somewhere (which would give you the lead you need to
contact the manufacturer) then I should just bite the bullet and buy a
whole new door - hopefully you can find one to fit your configuration of
tiles and shower tray without having to replace all that too...

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adam Lipscombe" wrote:
Folks,

Just had a nasty experience - my shower door has two curved panes that
slide together on runners to form a seal when closed. For no apparent
reason one of them just exploded and deposited glass everywhere while I
was in it.

Where can I get an replacement door glass?
There doesn't seem to any ID on the shower to say what make it is, but my
guess is that it originally came from B&Q or similar.

Thanks -Adam

If this was installed by a previous occupant can you contact them to ask for
details of the make and retailer? Even so, if it was bought several years
ago it is unlikely that model is still in production. This incident may be
covered by your buildings insurance.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lobster" wrote in message
Adam Lipscombe wrote:

If you don't even know the supplier I'd say you've got a bat in hell's
chance

No help to the OP but I always thought the saying was "A CAT in hell's
chance". Have I been saying it incorrectly all these years?

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adam Lipscombe wrote:
Folks,

Just had a nasty experience - my shower door has two curved panes that
slide together on runners to form a seal when closed. For no apparent
reason one of them just exploded and deposited glass everywhere while I
was in it.

Where can I get an replacement door glass?
There doesn't seem to any ID on the shower to say what make it is, but
my guess is that it originally came from B&Q or similar.

Thanks -Adam

Go and get your yellow pages, and start phoning up galss suppliers.

Chances are that one of them will be able to get you a toughen annealed
curved glass panel made up to order.

I am expecting my local glass suppliers to deliver me an entire custom
shaped glass enclsoure sometime this week.,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
"Lobster" wrote in message
Adam Lipscombe wrote:

If you don't even know the supplier I'd say you've got a bat in hell's
chance

No help to the OP but I always thought the saying was "A CAT in hell's
chance". Have I been saying it incorrectly all these years?

No you're right. I must have been listening to Meatloaf recently or
something.

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adam Lipscombe wrote:

Folks,

Just had a nasty experience - my shower door has two curved panes that slide together on runners to
form a seal when closed. For no apparent reason one of them just exploded and deposited glass
everywhere while I was in it.

Where can I get an replacement door glass?
There doesn't seem to any ID on the shower to say what make it is, but my guess is that it
originally came from B&Q or similar.

Thanks -Adam

why do mrs sell such things in the first place? To encourage people to
buy another once they realise how expensive it is when it breaks.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from "John" contains these words:

No help to the OP but I always thought the saying was "A CAT in hell's
chance". Have I been saying it incorrectly all these years?

It's an eggcorn, innit.

q.v. http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/

--
Skipweasel