Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Which Washing Machine ??

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

You can expect 10 years life out of a £200 machine with maybe another
£200 on repairs. If I had a house full of kids or was running a guest
house, I might choose Miele

It's not just money though. The inconvenience of a non-funtioning
machine costs my mental health quite a bit...

Our Whirlpool thingy is into it's 10th year now, All I have had to do is
swap around the control knobs changing much used ones for little used
ones, though recently I had to "fix" the program knob with a blob of
araldite. Apart from that, it's been perfect. Cost about £350 new IIRC.

Perhaps 2 hours DIY labour with no cost outlay on parts or call-outs.

It has over the years been used daily when we had numerous lodgers,
though now perhaps 3 washes a week max are all it gets.

http://Water-Rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:
Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

You can expect 10 years life out of a £200 machine with maybe another
£200 on repairs. If I had a house full of kids or was running a guest
house, I might choose Miele

It's not just money though. The inconvenience of a non-funtioning
machine costs my mental health quite a bit...

Our Whirlpool thingy is into it's 10th year now, All I have had to do is
swap around the control knobs changing much used ones for little used
ones, though recently I had to "fix" the program knob with a blob of
araldite. Apart from that, it's been perfect. Cost about £350 new IIRC.

Perhaps 2 hours DIY labour with no cost outlay on parts or call-outs.

It has over the years been used daily when we had numerous lodgers,
though now perhaps 3 washes a week max are all it gets.

Thats the trouble. My *25* year old Hotpoints is still going..the *5*
year old one got ditched for a Miele after it became a repairmans dream.
Everything was breaking.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Thats the trouble. My *25* year old Hotpoints is still going..the *5*
year old one got ditched for a Miele after it became a repairmans dream.
Everything was breaking.

jumping slightly OT...
When I were a lad I used to repair lawnmowers...
Kept my old folks' "qualcast concorde" going year after year with the
occasional re-grind of the cylinder and new bottom plate.

Now you can buy a new plastic one for less than a round of beers, I
doubt there is much call for repairing them these days.... well, not
judging by our local tip!

http://Water-Rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.

Washing machine drain [email protected] UK diy 15 June 2nd 06 10:28 AM
kms kuba sewing machinery Metalworking 0 May 9th 06 02:34 PM
kms kuba sewing machinery Metalworking 0 April 3rd 06 12:45 PM
kms kuba sewing machinery Metalworking 0 April 3rd 06 12:45 PM
Zanussi FL1012 Washing Machine fault James UK diy 5 August 4th 04 01:45 PM