Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Which Washing Machine ??

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:
Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

You can expect 10 years life out of a £200 machine with maybe another
£200 on repairs. If I had a house full of kids or was running a guest
house, I might choose Miele

It's not just money though. The inconvenience of a non-funtioning
machine costs my mental health quite a bit...

Our Whirlpool thingy is into it's 10th year now, All I have had to do is
swap around the control knobs changing much used ones for little used
ones, though recently I had to "fix" the program knob with a blob of
araldite. Apart from that, it's been perfect. Cost about £350 new IIRC.

Perhaps 2 hours DIY labour with no cost outlay on parts or call-outs.

It has over the years been used daily when we had numerous lodgers,
though now perhaps 3 washes a week max are all it gets.

Thats the trouble. My *25* year old Hotpoints is still going..the *5*
year old one got ditched for a Miele after it became a repairmans dream.
Everything was breaking.