Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default soil pipe joints

Hi, have built new upstairs bathroom between the two bedrooms in my
2-up 2-down and now need to install the soil pipes.

I have a length of 6m brown pipe - is this ok for running under the
floorboards for the horizontal run to the rear of the house, or must I
use grey socket pipe (the toilet flexi connector pipe will go into the
end of this pipe so I think I don't need the socket anyway)?

This pipe will connect outside to a black 92.5 access branch, going up
to the terminal vent and down to a rest bend, using black single socket
end pipe. I got an access pipe just in case of a blockage in the
future. However the access pipe has 3 sockets. Do I remove the socket
from the end of the vetical pipe to connect to the access pipe. If so,
the joint will now be upside down - hopefully I am worrying about
nothing.

Thank you

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"nafuk" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, have built new upstairs bathroom between the two bedrooms in my
2-up 2-down and now need to install the soil pipes.

I have a length of 6m brown pipe - is this ok for running under the
floorboards for the horizontal run to the rear of the house, or must I
use grey socket pipe (the toilet flexi connector pipe will go into the
end of this pipe so I think I don't need the socket anyway)?

This pipe will connect outside to a black 92.5 access branch, going up
to the terminal vent and down to a rest bend, using black single socket
end pipe. I got an access pipe just in case of a blockage in the
future. However the access pipe has 3 sockets. Do I remove the socket
from the end of the vetical pipe to connect to the access pipe. If so,
the joint will now be upside down - hopefully I am worrying about
nothing.

Guessing the access branch has one or more solvent sockets. If so and you
want to do it your way you just turn round the vertical pipe. Is that the
question or have I missed something? Personally I would suggest you stick
with ringseal outside and avoid sovent weld otherwise you might run into
expansion problems.

Jim A

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Guessing the access branch has one or more solvent sockets. If so and you
want to do it your way you just turn round the vertical pipe. Is that the
question or have I missed something? Personally I would suggest you stick
with ringseal outside and avoid sovent weld otherwise you might run into
expansion problems.

Jim A

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. The access branch has 3
pushfit/ringseal connections.
Thank you

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"nafuk" wrote in message
oups.com...

Guessing the access branch has one or more solvent sockets. If so and
you
want to do it your way you just turn round the vertical pipe. Is that
the
question or have I missed something? Personally I would suggest you
stick
with ringseal outside and avoid sovent weld otherwise you might run into
expansion problems.

Jim A

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. The access branch has 3
pushfit/ringseal connections.
Thank you

Never come across that configuration of ringseal access branch so I have
learned something. Normally they have a spigot which fits
into a socket below, a socket upwards and another socket at 92.5 deg in
which case everything makes sense.

The ring seal will work both ways if that's the way you want to do it, but
its not the normal convention.
So to answer your original question differently, cut off enough plain pipe
to suit leaving a handy piece of plain pipe with socket which will prove
useful somewhere.

Jim A

Ping Cliff was Centerline or Work Surface Programming? Cliff Home Repair 3 July 22nd 06 04:15 PM
Soil Pipe - Plastic on to castiron Peter Hemmings UK diy 4 September 29th 05 07:44 PM
Soil pipe repair Lobster UK diy 13 June 9th 05 04:22 PM
Req'd: Cast Iron Soil Pipe bracket and Cast Iron>Plastic fittings John Borman UK diy 1 January 9th 05 09:05 PM
undoing cast iron soil pipe joint Alasdair UK diy 8 February 2nd 04 07:17 AM