Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Alexander Jim Alexander is offline

Default soil pipe joints

"nafuk" wrote in message
oups.com...

Guessing the access branch has one or more solvent sockets. If so and
you
want to do it your way you just turn round the vertical pipe. Is that
the
question or have I missed something? Personally I would suggest you
stick
with ringseal outside and avoid sovent weld otherwise you might run into
expansion problems.

Jim A

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. The access branch has 3
pushfit/ringseal connections.
Thank you

Never come across that configuration of ringseal access branch so I have
learned something. Normally they have a spigot which fits
into a socket below, a socket upwards and another socket at 92.5 deg in
which case everything makes sense.

The ring seal will work both ways if that's the way you want to do it, but
its not the normal convention.
So to answer your original question differently, cut off enough plain pipe
to suit leaving a handy piece of plain pipe with socket which will prove
useful somewhere.

Jim A