Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Metal scraper mats

Hi

I'm looking for a largish metal scraper mat. Google isn't much help.

Sort of thing I'm after is like a galvanised metal grid about an inch deep,
some of them have rubber strips as well.

Any ideas?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
.uk...
Hi

I'm looking for a largish metal scraper mat. Google isn't much help.

Sort of thing I'm after is like a galvanised metal grid about an inch
deep, some of them have rubber strips as well.

Any ideas?

We got one from our local hardware shop, they had to get one from their
supplier but it came next day.

The hardware shop is always our first call for anything, they're usually
cheaper than the sheds and are knowledgeable and helpful - it's in their
interests to be so. We've watched them grow from a tiny shop of a few square
yards through a much larger one in a better position to spreading into the
one next door. Good luck to them, the whole family works there and it's open
seven days a week.

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Hi

I'm looking for a largish metal scraper mat. Google isn't much help.

Sort of thing I'm after is like a galvanised metal grid about an inch deep,
some of them have rubber strips as well.

Screwfix is your friend!

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=51302&ts=99305

No rubber bits on this. I bought one, and was a bit disappointed by its
small size, which isn't mentioned in the blurb (though not enough for me
to send it back): it's 12.5 x 20".

David

Metal Roofing ptgoodman Home Repair 7 July 13th 06 02:47 AM
Tuning a new scraper K. B. Woodworking 0 April 2nd 06 05:35 PM
Does polishing one or both surfaces reduce metal to metal friction? SA Development Metalworking 5 June 7th 05 01:19 AM
Scraper?? I don't need to BUY no stinkin' scraper Bay Area Dave Woodworking 59 November 22nd 03 01:31 AM
Drywall screws for metal studs prone to strip, please help. andy everett Home Repair 2 August 23rd 03 07:10 PM