Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacing conventional boiler with combi condensed boiler

My plumber quoted £2,500 incl VAT (parts and labour) to replace my
conventional boiler with a 28KWATTS Worcester Combi Condensed boiler.
The boiler costs about £750-800 incl VAT. Is the labour cost too
expensive?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
oups.com...
My plumber quoted £2,500 incl VAT (parts and labour) to replace my
conventional boiler with a 28KWATTS Worcester Combi Condensed boiler.
The boiler costs about £750-800 incl VAT. Is the labour cost too
expensive?

We just paid £2.600 to have same boiler Worcester Greenstar 28 installed,
with 5 replacement radiators, (we had two newish ones already) a new
stopcock, so I would have thought just to have boiler installed was a bit
pricey. Have you tried a few more quotes? He also removed old cylinder in
bedroom, and cut off old lead pipes etc, he also capped a gas fire in lounge
for us too. He was 4 days doing the job, with himself and another chap. We
are in the north west of the UK. Perhaps that makes a difference to pricing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

My plumber quoted £2,500 incl VAT (parts and labour) to replace my
conventional boiler with a 28KWATTS Worcester Combi Condensed boiler.
The boiler costs about £750-800 incl VAT. Is the labour cost too
expensive?

A couple of years ago we had a combi replaced with a new combi - labour
was £400 in West London.
Ask him what's going to take 4-5 days work - is he replacing/re-routing
alot of pipework?

Personally, I would get a bigger rated combi - at least 35kW - it
doesn't cost much more and the flow rate is much better.

Charlie

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
oups.com...
How much was the boiler?
Sheila wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
My plumber quoted £2,500 incl VAT (parts and labour) to replace my
conventional boiler with a 28KWATTS Worcester Combi Condensed boiler.
The boiler costs about £750-800 incl VAT. Is the labour cost too
expensive?

We just paid £2.600 to have same boiler Worcester Greenstar 28 installed,
with 5 replacement radiators, (we had two newish ones already) a new
stopcock, so I would have thought just to have boiler installed was a bit
pricey. Have you tried a few more quotes? He also removed old cylinder in
bedroom, and cut off old lead pipes etc, he also capped a gas fire in
lounge
for us too. He was 4 days doing the job, with himself and another chap. We
are in the north west of the UK. Perhaps that makes a difference to
pricing.

We didnt buy the boiler ourselves, we just asked him to get all the parts.
We didnt price things seperately

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18 Jul 2006 07:55:50 -0700, "charlieB"
wrote:

My plumber quoted £2,500 incl VAT (parts and labour) to replace my
conventional boiler with a 28KWATTS Worcester Combi Condensed boiler.
The boiler costs about £750-800 incl VAT. Is the labour cost too
expensive?

A couple of years ago we had a combi replaced with a new combi - labour
was £400 in West London.
Ask him what's going to take 4-5 days work - is he replacing/re-routing
alot of pipework?

Personally, I would get a bigger rated combi - at least 35kW - it
doesn't cost much more and the flow rate is much better.

Indeed. If you like baths and are used to a stored hot water system
you may be very suprised when your bath takes a long time to fill.

Which model combi is he going to fit? If it is the highflow with a
internal heat bank then things may be different.

Mark

Indirect Pandora Heatbank and Man Micromat/Boiler compatability [email protected] UK diy 40 May 24th 06 09:19 PM
Cooker Hood and Open (Conventional) Flue Oil Combi Boiler chopsaw UK diy 2 March 15th 05 11:37 PM
Near death boiler + replacing a boiler David Hearn UK diy 9 January 26th 04 12:44 PM
Replacing a boiler David Hearn UK diy 38 November 12th 03 11:10 PM
Replacing Conventional with Combi Boiler - How DIY is this ? Kevin UK diy 7 October 24th 03 11:07 PM