DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Replacing conventional boiler with combi condensed boiler (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/169562-replacing-conventional-boiler-combi-condensed-boiler.html)

[email protected] July 18th 06 01:17 PM

Replacing conventional boiler with combi condensed boiler

My plumber quoted £2,500 incl VAT (parts and labour) to replace my
conventional boiler with a 28KWATTS Worcester Combi Condensed boiler.
The boiler costs about £750-800 incl VAT. Is the labour cost too
expensive?

Richard Conway July 18th 06 01:31 PM

wrote:
My plumber quoted £2,500 incl VAT (parts and labour) to replace my
conventional boiler with a 28KWATTS Worcester Combi Condensed boiler.
The boiler costs about £750-800 incl VAT. Is the labour cost too
expensive?

If he's going to do it eleven times then no, probably not

Sheila July 18th 06 02:36 PM

Replacing conventional boiler with combi condensed boiler

wrote in message
oups.com...
My plumber quoted £2,500 incl VAT (parts and labour) to replace my
conventional boiler with a 28KWATTS Worcester Combi Condensed boiler.
The boiler costs about £750-800 incl VAT. Is the labour cost too
expensive?

We just paid £2.600 to have same boiler Worcester Greenstar 28 installed,
with 5 replacement radiators, (we had two newish ones already) a new
stopcock, so I would have thought just to have boiler installed was a bit
pricey. Have you tried a few more quotes? He also removed old cylinder in
bedroom, and cut off old lead pipes etc, he also capped a gas fire in lounge
for us too. He was 4 days doing the job, with himself and another chap. We
are in the north west of the UK. Perhaps that makes a difference to pricing.

[email protected] July 18th 06 03:00 PM

Replacing conventional boiler with combi condensed boiler

It also includes removing old cylinder, tank and boiler and flushing
the heating system. We live in the NW of England.
Sheila wrote:
oups.com...

charlieB July 18th 06 03:55 PM

Replacing conventional boiler with combi condensed boiler

My plumber quoted £2,500 incl VAT (parts and labour) to replace my
conventional boiler with a 28KWATTS Worcester Combi Condensed boiler.
The boiler costs about £750-800 incl VAT. Is the labour cost too
expensive?

A couple of years ago we had a combi replaced with a new combi - labour
was £400 in West London.
Ask him what's going to take 4-5 days work - is he replacing/re-routing
alot of pipework?

Personally, I would get a bigger rated combi - at least 35kW - it
doesn't cost much more and the flow rate is much better.

Charlie

Sheila July 18th 06 04:24 PM

Replacing conventional boiler with combi condensed boiler

wrote in message
oups.com...
How much was the boiler?
Sheila wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
My plumber quoted £2,500 incl VAT (parts and labour) to replace my
conventional boiler with a 28KWATTS Worcester Combi Condensed boiler.
The boiler costs about £750-800 incl VAT. Is the labour cost too
expensive?

We just paid £2.600 to have same boiler Worcester Greenstar 28 installed,
with 5 replacement radiators, (we had two newish ones already) a new
stopcock, so I would have thought just to have boiler installed was a bit
pricey. Have you tried a few more quotes? He also removed old cylinder in
bedroom, and cut off old lead pipes etc, he also capped a gas fire in
lounge
for us too. He was 4 days doing the job, with himself and another chap. We
are in the north west of the UK. Perhaps that makes a difference to
pricing.

We didnt buy the boiler ourselves, we just asked him to get all the parts.
We didnt price things seperately

Mark July 20th 06 09:29 AM

Replacing conventional boiler with combi condensed boiler

On 18 Jul 2006 07:55:50 -0700, "charlieB"
wrote:

My plumber quoted £2,500 incl VAT (parts and labour) to replace my
conventional boiler with a 28KWATTS Worcester Combi Condensed boiler.
The boiler costs about £750-800 incl VAT. Is the labour cost too
expensive?

A couple of years ago we had a combi replaced with a new combi - labour
was £400 in West London.
Ask him what's going to take 4-5 days work - is he replacing/re-routing
alot of pipework?

Personally, I would get a bigger rated combi - at least 35kW - it
doesn't cost much more and the flow rate is much better.

Indeed. If you like baths and are used to a stored hot water system
you may be very suprised when your bath takes a long time to fill.

Which model combi is he going to fit? If it is the highflow with a
internal heat bank then things may be different.

Mark