Junior Member

Question Cooker Hood to fit in a Chimney

I am really in need of a little help and advice !
I am looking for a Cooker Hood that will fit into a Chimney Breast.
I've just moved into the house, the Chimney used to have an old floor standing boiler ( which has now been removed ) but to utilise the space of the chimney I have ordered a 90cm Rangecooker, I need something reasonably slim and preferably 90cm wide to match the cooker, but it cant be too deep and it needs to fit up into the Chimney.
Any ideas ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cooker Hood to fit in a Chimney

JB10 wrote:
I am really in need of a little help and advice !
I am looking for a Cooker Hood that will fit into a Chimney Breast.
I've just moved into the house, the Chimney used to have an old floor
standing boiler ( which has now been removed ) but to utilise the space
of the chimney I have ordered a 90cm Rangecooker, I need something
reasonably slim and preferably 90cm wide to match the cooker, but it
cant be too deep and it needs to fit up into the Chimney.

Are you saying you want the cooker hood to vent into the old chimney?
Not a good idea for all sorts of reasons, including accumulation of damp
within the chimney, accumulation of greasy deposits inside there etc

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lobster wrote:
JB10 wrote:
I am really in need of a little help and advice !
I am looking for a Cooker Hood that will fit into a Chimney Breast.
I've just moved into the house, the Chimney used to have an old floor
standing boiler ( which has now been removed ) but to utilise the space
of the chimney I have ordered a 90cm Rangecooker, I need something
reasonably slim and preferably 90cm wide to match the cooker, but it
cant be too deep and it needs to fit up into the Chimney.

Are you saying you want the cooker hood to vent into the old chimney?
Not a good idea for all sorts of reasons, including accumulation of damp
within the chimney, accumulation of greasy deposits inside there etc

David

Well you could make one and fit a chimney liner to it..
Junior Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster
JB10 wrote:
I am really in need of a little help and advice !
I am looking for a Cooker Hood that will fit into a Chimney Breast.
I've just moved into the house, the Chimney used to have an old floor
standing boiler ( which has now been removed ) but to utilise the space
of the chimney I have ordered a 90cm Rangecooker, I need something
reasonably slim and preferably 90cm wide to match the cooker, but it
cant be too deep and it needs to fit up into the Chimney.

Are you saying you want the cooker hood to vent into the old chimney?
Not a good idea for all sorts of reasons, including accumulation of damp
within the chimney, accumulation of greasy deposits inside there etc

David

Yes, I think so ! The Chimney already has a vent inside from the old boiler. Its a long tube that goes right to the top.
Could I fit the hood vent into the existing vent ? I think most hoods come with filters to collect the grease etc.
Any other ideas ? I want the steam from the cooker to head into the Chimney and not out into the kitchen.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 14:32:41 +0100 someone who may be JB10
wrote this:-

The Chimney already has a vent inside from the old
boiler. Its a long tube that goes right to the top.
Could I fit the hood vent into the existing vent ? I think most hoods
come with filters to collect the grease etc.

What terminal is fitted to the end of this tube? What diameter is
it? How long is it? What is it made of? Is it damaged?

A condensate trap and drain to stop condensate running back into
the motor is a good idea.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

Chimney Cooker Hood Tony UK diy 16 May 18th 06 09:29 AM
Cooker Hood and Open (Conventional) Flue Oil Combi Boiler chopsaw UK diy 2 March 15th 05 11:37 PM
Addtional Cooker Chimney Needed Charlie UK diy 3 November 24th 04 01:52 PM
[Fwd: Chimney cap replacement questions] RB Home Repair 0 December 26th 03 07:13 PM
Cooker hood wiring again! John Greenwood UK diy 3 July 31st 03 11:10 AM