Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Cooker Hood to fit in a Chimney

JB10 wrote:
I am really in need of a little help and advice !
I am looking for a Cooker Hood that will fit into a Chimney Breast.
I've just moved into the house, the Chimney used to have an old floor
standing boiler ( which has now been removed ) but to utilise the space
of the chimney I have ordered a 90cm Rangecooker, I need something
reasonably slim and preferably 90cm wide to match the cooker, but it
cant be too deep and it needs to fit up into the Chimney.

Are you saying you want the cooker hood to vent into the old chimney?
Not a good idea for all sorts of reasons, including accumulation of damp
within the chimney, accumulation of greasy deposits inside there etc

David