bigbrian

Default Sky digi-sender to a PC?

Sorry if this is the wrong group for this one....

Having recently acquired a new graphics card for my PC, with the
facility to watch TV from my office (whoo whoo), I was wondering
whether I can extend this and actually get the Sky fed to it as well,
without cabling it across the house. At the moment, I'm using a
portable TV aerial and getting terrestrial only.

I'm aware of the digi sender thingies you can get that will allow you
to send the Sky to a remote TV, and was wondering whether its possible
to send it to a TV monitor instead, and whether any one here had any
success in doing it? If so, what particular kit did you use?

Thanks

Brian
Velvet

"bigbrian" wrote in message

Sorry if this is the wrong group for this one....

Having recently acquired a new graphics card for my PC, with the
facility to watch TV from my office (whoo whoo), I was wondering
whether I can extend this and actually get the Sky fed to it as well,
without cabling it across the house. At the moment, I'm using a
portable TV aerial and getting terrestrial only.

I'm aware of the digi sender thingies you can get that will allow you
to send the Sky to a remote TV, and was wondering whether its possible
to send it to a TV monitor instead, and whether any one here had any
success in doing it? If so, what particular kit did you use?

Thanks

Brian

I'd be interested to know this too. From what I've read about one of those
senders, it works using a scart feed from the remote box to the remote
telly. No good for me, my remote telly has no scart socket, only coax
aerial feed (so I still have coax trailing through the flat). Be very
interested to know if there's one that uses coax at the remote and hopefully
also the local end!

Other than needing a coax feed to the PC Card, I can't see any reason why it
shouldn't work to do what you want, Brian. Just tune the card into the
digibox channel being transmitted up the coax to the card!

Velvet

Jim Ley

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 08:28:46 GMT,
wrote:

I'm aware of the digi sender thingies you can get that will allow you
to send the Sky to a remote TV, and was wondering whether its possible
to send it to a TV monitor instead, and whether any one here had any
success in doing it? If so, what particular kit did you use?

It's just a bit of co-ax with a normal aerial connector, it works no
problem with it.

Jim.
BigWallop

"BigWallop" wrote in message

"Velvet" wrote in message

"bigbrian" wrote in message

[...]

http://www.factorydirect.co.uk/facto...ghz_tx_rx.html

http://www.satalogue.com/section1/page4.htm

http://www.portabledvdplayer.co.uk/rimax_wireless.htm

http://www.beststuff.co.uk/philips_sbc_vl1200.htm

http://www.beststuff.co.uk/one_for_all_sv1720.htm

http://www.habitek.co.uk/Habitek2001EC/itm00251.htm

http://www.digisender.net/_Europes_N...r_Company.html

http://www.blackboxvideo.com/video_sender.htm

And there's loads more. A search for Video Sender on the web hits loads.

---
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Richard Caley

In article , not (n) writes:

n I'd be interested to know this too. From what I've read about one of those
n senders, it works using a scart feed from the remote box to the remote
n telly. No good for me, my remote telly has no scart socket, only coax
n aerial feed (so I still have coax trailing through the flat). Be very
n interested to know if there's one that uses coax at the remote and hopefully
n also the local end!

Depends what you mean. You can get simple adapters to go from scart to
composite video inputs as you might have on a computer, but to go to
an aerial connection you need a modulator which will essentially
pretend to be a TV transmitter.

I'm sure Maplin sell them, though you may be able to get them cheaper
elsewhere.

I have a sender reciever pair running from my telewest box to the
other end of the flat where it connects (through a Heath Robinson
arangement of adapters I happened to have) to a USB tv/video adapter
plugged into my Windows machine. Works reasonably, but interference on
the sound is noticable. If I care about what I have on I listen
through wireless headphones.

--
Mail me as _O_

bigbrian

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 09:05:38 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

"bigbrian" wrote in message

[...]

Sure, I'm aware of what kit is available, but what I'm asking for
whether anyone here has actually done it, and if so, what kit did
*they* use.

Brian

tony sayer

In article , Richard Caley
writes
In article , not (n) writes:

[...]

Yes it can work and that will depend on the path that the 2.4 Ghz takes
as to the piccy quality.

However if you're using 2.4 Ghz wireless LAN's etc then you may well
have problems. Bear in mind that your neighbour/s could be using the
same channels though...
--
Tony Sayer