tony sayer

Default Sky digi-sender to a PC?

In article , Richard Caley
writes
In article , not (n) writes:

n I'd be interested to know this too. From what I've read about one of those
n senders, it works using a scart feed from the remote box to the remote
n telly. No good for me, my remote telly has no scart socket, only coax
n aerial feed (so I still have coax trailing through the flat). Be very
n interested to know if there's one that uses coax at the remote and hopefully
n also the local end!

Depends what you mean. You can get simple adapters to go from scart to
composite video inputs as you might have on a computer, but to go to
an aerial connection you need a modulator which will essentially
pretend to be a TV transmitter.

I'm sure Maplin sell them, though you may be able to get them cheaper
elsewhere.

I have a sender reciever pair running from my telewest box to the
other end of the flat where it connects (through a Heath Robinson
arangement of adapters I happened to have) to a USB tv/video adapter
plugged into my Windows machine. Works reasonably, but interference on
the sound is noticable. If I care about what I have on I listen
through wireless headphones.

Yes it can work and that will depend on the path that the 2.4 Ghz takes
as to the piccy quality.

However if you're using 2.4 Ghz wireless LAN's etc then you may well
have problems. Bear in mind that your neighbour/s could be using the
same channels though...
--
Tony Sayer