Velvet

Default Sky digi-sender to a PC?

"bigbrian" wrote in message
news:8b27e0af0bef5590f2eacc50d8a492e8@TeraNews...

Sorry if this is the wrong group for this one....

Having recently acquired a new graphics card for my PC, with the
facility to watch TV from my office (whoo whoo), I was wondering
whether I can extend this and actually get the Sky fed to it as well,
without cabling it across the house. At the moment, I'm using a
portable TV aerial and getting terrestrial only.

I'm aware of the digi sender thingies you can get that will allow you
to send the Sky to a remote TV, and was wondering whether its possible
to send it to a TV monitor instead, and whether any one here had any
success in doing it? If so, what particular kit did you use?

Thanks

Brian

I'd be interested to know this too. From what I've read about one of those
senders, it works using a scart feed from the remote box to the remote
telly. No good for me, my remote telly has no scart socket, only coax
aerial feed (so I still have coax trailing through the flat). Be very
interested to know if there's one that uses coax at the remote and hopefully
also the local end!

Other than needing a coax feed to the PC Card, I can't see any reason why it
shouldn't work to do what you want, Brian. Just tune the card into the
digibox channel being transmitted up the coax to the card!

Velvet