Posted to uk.d-i-y
T G T G is offline

Default Wallpapering Question

I papering my lounge at the moment and just wondering about this. All the
walls have been papered with lining paper previous, but one wall has been
part painted the emulsion.
What should I do with this wall?

1. Emulsion all the wall then paper over the lot
2. just paper over it.
3. strip lining off then repaper.

Cheers

TG

Posted to uk.d-i-y

T G wrote:
I papering my lounge at the moment and just wondering about this. All
the walls have been papered with lining paper previous, but one wall
has been part painted the emulsion.
What should I do with this wall?

1. Emulsion all the wall then paper over the lot
2. just paper over it.
3. strip lining off then repaper.

If you mean that some of the lining paper has been painted over then just
hang your new paper over it, assuming you're not hanging a very lightweight,
light-coloured paper over a patch of dark-coloured emulsion, in which case
paint over the darker paint with white emulsion first or it could show
through.

Si

To anyone sick of alt.hvac Matt Morgan Home Repair 87 April 8th 05 05:17 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Question????? Sir Edgar Woodworking 8 July 20th 03 05:22 PM