DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wallpapering Question (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/168989-wallpapering-question.html)

T G July 12th 06 11:14 PM

Wallpapering Question

I papering my lounge at the moment and just wondering about this. All the
walls have been papered with lining paper previous, but one wall has been
part painted the emulsion.
What should I do with this wall?

1. Emulsion all the wall then paper over the lot
2. just paper over it.
3. strip lining off then repaper.

Cheers

TG

Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot July 13th 06 08:30 AM

Wallpapering Question

T G wrote:
I papering my lounge at the moment and just wondering about this. All
the walls have been papered with lining paper previous, but one wall
has been part painted the emulsion.
What should I do with this wall?

1. Emulsion all the wall then paper over the lot
2. just paper over it.
3. strip lining off then repaper.

If you mean that some of the lining paper has been painted over then just
hang your new paper over it, assuming you're not hanging a very lightweight,
light-coloured paper over a patch of dark-coloured emulsion, in which case
paint over the darker paint with white emulsion first or it could show
through.

Si