Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul J S Green

Default CH Pressure Vessel - do i need bleed valve

I need additional expansion capacity in my sealed system and i've got a 24l
vessel from BES.

This has come about because i've been adding rads gradually and i think the
water capacity now exceeds the limits of the boiler's own vessel.

It pops the pressure relief valve gradually over time and i lose water.
It's not a sticky or gritty valve - i've done the relevant cold tests - when
running, it reaches 3 bar and just drips out some every now and then.

I've mounted it close to the boiler return and am about to connect the
pipework.

The vessel is wet side down with the "tyre valve" at the top.

I'll have a 22mm pipe coming out the bottom of the vessel's compression
joint and will solder tee into the boiler return.

Should i tee in a bleed valve close to the vessel compression connection to
get as much air out as possible before the diaphragm, or am i over-thinking
this?

Thanks as always
Paul

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul J S Green

"Paul J S Green" wrote in message
[...]

meant to say - there's about 2 feet of 22mm pipe between vessel and boiler
return.

thx
paul

pressure relief valve releasing water [email protected] Home Repair 15 May 12th 06 03:39 AM
gas heating pressure problem [email protected] UK diy 5 February 24th 06 10:51 PM
Too Much Pressure Charlie Home Repair 6 February 1st 06 01:35 PM
Pressure Valve Leaking Dale Home Repair 4 November 30th 05 03:27 AM
single check valve pressure drop Matthew Barnard UK diy 1 July 24th 03 08:00 PM