Posted to uk.d-i-y
gort

Default Feeding Long wires through Conduit

I had a cat called KitKat once!

LOL

Posted to uk.d-i-y

gort wrote:
I had a cat called KitKat once!

LOL

Well.......... thanks very much for all the answers, we have gone on to
Ebay and seen a 30 metre cable fish rod for £11.00,(I will bodge the
last 10 metres with curtain wire) I think this will work, and will save
me getting done by the French RSPCA for sending ferrets/Goldfish & mice
down a pipe!
At least now I have some options.
Regards
Paul

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Smith

Hi

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a Mill in France that has a new Borehole, located circa 40
metres away, the Large size conduit (circa 5 inch) is already buried in
the ground, I am going to fit a Borehole pump 20 metres down the hole,
then run the wire through the conduit to the Mill.
But how do I get the wire to feed 40 metres down the conduit?, I have
read on the net that I could use curtain wire, but will this feed 40
metres without Kinking? I am reluctant to purchase a Quick cable set as
they come in 10 metre lengths and I would need to buy 4 of them for a
one off job.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Paul

Not sure if this has been mentioned. Tie some line (preferably metal) to a
rocket (can you wait until November?), light fuse and retire to safe
distance. Hiring a good goalkeeper or wicket-keeper to retrieve rocket might
be a little expensive but a sandbox at the end might also work!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Owain" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
If the conduit is not installed, run the cables through as you install
the lengths of the conduit. Simple.

Read and understand the words "the Large size conduit (circa 5 inch) is
already buried in the ground".

Anyway, running cables as you install conduit is contrary to the IEE
regs. Conduit has to be complete before any cables are installed. I know
this is for France, but that's no excuse for bad habits.

Nonsense! Then they are wrong. You can have a string attached to the
cable, screw on a length of conduit and pull through so the cable is still
inside the conduit end, then another length and then another pull, and so
on. easy. You will not harm the cable as you go and you can even smear
grease if you like. I have done it in the past. Worked brilliantly

I would run through plastic conduit complete with cable through the 5"
conduit and push and feed through as you go. Easy to push through the rigid
conduit.

Then the 5" conduit can be used for other purposes too, like running through
water pipes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

A mouse is 2GBP in a petshop and you could of set it free at the end of its
job. :-)

Or, since this is France he's talking about, sprinkle it was garlic, a
little tarragon and some olive oil and eat it.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Alexander

"Owain" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
[...]

That's a good idea, since if the mouse suggested by others got left behind
it would wreak havoc with the cable.

Jim A

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)

John wrote:

You could tie the string to a piece of foam / polystyrene / ball to
help it along.
Failing that, go for the dog.

Ferret might be a better bet.

http://Water-Rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.