Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred Finisterre

Default Entryphone Upgrade Question

I need a new entryphone. I've just taken the old handset off the wall and it
had a 6 wire cable running to it from the street door. At the front door I
need 3 buttons for 3 different flats.

I don't need video, or the need to be able to remotely open the street
door - just a nice new 3 button panel for the street, and one new (super
loud) handset for my flat.

Any suggestions? Do all entryphones use the same 6 wires? I'd like to avoid
recabling if poss. Or can you just use a normal BT phone connected to the
wires?

Thanks,

Fred.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grumpy owd man

Is it an 'Entryphone' or some other make?

If it is Entryphone then just ring them up and get a new panel.
The older systems use 4 common wires L,P,B,3 and A is the call wire.
newer systems can be run on a twisted pair cable.
There are sh1t loads of makes, Fermax, Aiphone, BCT, Terraneo, Eagle,
Challenger, Defender etc etc and there is little
or no inter-compatability. HTH

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred Finisterre

"Grumpy owd man" wrote in message
news:ad24cc732a7788281b0412266aaaf1aa.115311@mygat e.mailgate.org...
Is it an 'Entryphone' or some other make?

On closer inspection, it's 'Techniphone' (it's 12+ years old). Anyone know
what they might be inter-operable with?

Thanks,

Fred.

HP/Agilent 6813A upgrade to 6813B - bit of a saga, comments/experiences ? Mike Electronics Repair 0 May 24th 06 08:46 AM
Thermostat Upgrade Advice [email protected] Home Repair 0 February 19th 06 07:25 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Question????? Sir Edgar Woodworking 8 July 20th 03 05:22 PM