Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson

Default shower tanking questions

I will be tanking the walls of a shower over a bath. I will be bringing
the tanking (eg bal WP1) over the bath edging strips, so this thing
will never leak.
Two questions about the surface to tank over :-
1. Is is OK to use such as bal WP1 over roughed-up ceramic tiles (the
original 1930s tiles, which are virtually part of the wall)
2. What is the best surface to build the stud walls out of, for tanking
over ? Obviously don't need aquapanel as I am tanking over it, and
plasterboard is the cheapest.
Cheers,
Simon.