Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m

Default De-furring aluminium ..?

On Wed, 17 May 2006 08:08:34 +0100, Guy King
wrote:

The message
from T i m contains these words:

Without Ultraseal your tyre rapidly deflates and if you feel it before
it's too late and can get to safety before you get
chucked_down_the_road you are indeed a lucky man

A puncture big enough to deflate so rapidly that you can't get to the
hard shoulder is in my experience too large for tyre sealants to deal
with.

I'm not sure if 'your experiences' include Ultraseal though do they
Guy?

If they do then of course, even Ulraseal has it limits. Those folk I
know who have fitted the stuff on a 'well it can't do any harm' sorta
approach then have had a major puncture at speed seem convinced that
the Ultraseal slowed the deflation sufficiently to maintain control
and have immediatly fiited the stuff to the replacement tyre?

I've seen the demonstrations, I've heard folk I trust comment
favourably on the stuff so will continue to stick it in my bikes and
trailers. ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m

On 17 May 2006 09:58:26 +0200, Chris Bacon
wrote:

T i m wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
[ snip all ]

Ok, I wan't sure if I should of replied to you the first time (I
though we had an agreement that you didn't reply to any of my posts?)
now I'm even more sure ...

Look, I don't know why you think "we had an agreement that you
didn't reply to any of my posts?" (as if). I've haven't "got it
in for you" or anything like that. Try looking at these posts
from another angle. I can't help you more than that.

You said previously:

"You've already said you have a tubed tyre. There's no problem with
tubed tyres on that thing. I don't know why you've apparently a chip
on your shoulder - I assume it's my fault, again. Anyway, in lieu of
apologies, I put it to you that if you aren't penny pinching on this,
your best recourse is to have the wheel re-built with NOS wheels and
brand-new matching fronts & rear covers, and make sure any work is
done by a five-star rated establishment with gold-plating facilities."

Please explain ?

T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember T i m saying
something like:

I've seen the demonstrations, I've heard folk I trust comment
favourably on the stuff so will continue to stick it in my bikes and
trailers. ;-)

Just caught up with the rest of this thread.

If your rims aren't suitable for tubeless - don't fit tubeless tyres
unless you check for Ultrasealed holes very regularly; it's lethal if a
deflating tubeless tyre jumps off the rim - as can happen. Check your
rims for the bead retaining lip within the edge, if it's not there it's
not suitable for tubeless tyres.

There's nothing to stop you fitting tubeless, but you have to be aware
of the downside.
--

Dave