Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff

Default OT Escape from Castle NTL

Dave wrote:

Internet
This is the most tricky aspect. I'd need to sign up with an ISP to at least
maintain my dialup system as now. However if I ever want to go broadband I only
have that BT phone line available. Is broadband possible down such a line, or do
I need some other line installing? The NTL digital STB has a nice cosy ethernet
port on the back - it looks oh so temping to keep ntl just for that - unless you
can tell me something different of course.

I used to be with Demon Internet (but switched to NTL for the 3in1). Now, I see
Demon do not do an "Unlimited" use dialup. Seems their cheapest dialup is pay
per call, which I don't want.

I find it hard to understand why anyone would choose dialup when they
have the option of ADSL. Yes, you can have ADSL on your BT phone line;
that's all you need.

You can get decent ADSL from £18/month (I know you can get it cheaper,
but cheap connectivity is never worth it).
http://vispa.com/broadband-consumer.php

If you really want dialup, you can get it both as pay as you go or flat
rate:
http://vispa.com/dialup-consumer.php

If you get ADSL, just buy a modem+router, such as:
http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=107467

--
Grunff

OT Escape from Castle NTL [email protected] UK diy 0 May 13th 06 03:31 PM
OT Escape from Castle NTL TheOldFellow UK diy 0 May 13th 06 03:29 PM
Fire Escape Rusting abd08 UK diy 25 May 10th 06 11:12 PM
OT-: Castle Rock v. Gonzales. Of interest to everyone. Gunner Metalworking 46 July 27th 05 07:20 AM
For info - building regs on loo/kitchen/fire escape routes lyn rivers UK diy 1 January 27th 05 04:18 PM