Posted to uk.d-i-y
katzpor

Default New Candy washing machine

Good morning all,

I hope I'm in the correct group for this questio, so here goes.
Yesterday, I had a new Candy washing machine delivered. Following the
instructions provided, I laid the machine down on its back to remove
packing etc prior to use. At this point about a pint of water poured
onto the kitchen floor!

My question is, would this water have been the what was left after
"testing" at the factory or, have I been sent a recon or a "returned
machine" from the distributor?

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S

katzpor wrote:

Good morning all,

I hope I'm in the correct group for this questio, so here goes.
Yesterday, I had a new Candy washing machine delivered. Following the
instructions provided, I laid the machine down on its back to remove
packing etc prior to use. At this point about a pint of water poured
onto the kitchen floor!

My question is, would this water have been the what was left after
"testing" at the factory or, have I been sent a recon or a "returned
machine" from the distributor?

Thanks

There's often a bit of water left in from when the factory tested it. My
Miele instructions warned of this...

Cheers

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager

On Thu, 11 May 2006 06:56:55 UTC, "katzpor" wrote:

Good morning all,

I hope I'm in the correct group for this questio, so here goes.
Yesterday, I had a new Candy washing machine delivered. Following the
instructions provided, I laid the machine down on its back to remove
packing etc prior to use. At this point about a pint of water poured
onto the kitchen floor!

My question is, would this water have been the what was left after
"testing" at the factory or, have I been sent a recon or a "returned
machine" from the distributor?

Pretty normal, I think. My last two machines have had some water in
them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sparks

"katzpor" wrote in message
oups.com...
Good morning all,

I hope I'm in the correct group for this questio, so here goes.
Yesterday, I had a new Candy washing machine delivered. Following the
instructions provided, I laid the machine down on its back to remove
packing etc prior to use. At this point about a pint of water poured
onto the kitchen floor!

My question is, would this water have been the what was left after
"testing" at the factory or, have I been sent a recon or a "returned
machine" from the distributor?

Thanks

Sounds normal to me, the instructions usually detail this and also tell you
to put the machine on it's hottest wash without any clothes in, to clean out
any solvents/oil etc.

Sparks...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks to both of you. Pity my instructions didn't cover the
probability of flooding the kitchen.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Hewitt

"katzpor" wrote in message
oups.com...
Good morning all,

I hope I'm in the correct group for this questio, so here goes.
Yesterday, I had a new Candy washing machine delivered. Following the
instructions provided, I laid the machine down on its back to remove
packing etc prior to use. At this point about a pint of water poured
onto the kitchen floor!

My question is, would this water have been the what was left after
"testing" at the factory or, have I been sent a recon or a "returned
machine" from the distributor?

I bought two Hoover machines last year, both had a small amount of water in
them. The manual even warned of this.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John

John
"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 May 2006 06:56:55 UTC, "katzpor" wrote:

Good morning all,

I hope I'm in the correct group for this questio, so here goes.
Yesterday, I had a new Candy washing machine delivered. Following the
instructions provided, I laid the machine down on its back to remove
packing etc prior to use. At this point about a pint of water poured
onto the kitchen floor!

My question is, would this water have been the what was left after
"testing" at the factory or, have I been sent a recon or a "returned
machine" from the distributor?

Pretty normal, I think. My last two machines have had some water in
them.

The packaging for my Indesit told me to expect some water (or was it the
Hoover Dishwasher?)

John

kms kuba sewing machinery Metalworking 0 May 9th 06 02:33 PM
kms kuba sewing machinery Home Repair 0 April 27th 06 09:16 AM
kms kuba sewing machinery Metalworking 0 March 27th 06 03:24 PM
Candy Washing Machine - Motor or Brushes ? Peter Davis UK diy 4 February 16th 05 07:33 PM
Zanussi FL1012 Washing Machine fault James UK diy 5 August 4th 04 01:45 PM