Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m

Default Old electricians .. check yer van please .. ;-)

Cos I'm looking for a LN5940 (40A Type 2 MCB) for my old MK 'Sentry'
CU and you might still have (a good) one sitting in the bottom of a
box somewhere?

I believe you can get an adaptor / conversion kit to allow you to
mount a modern (flat front and ending with a 's' rather than the
sorta 'sculpted' look I believe) ones but I'd rather use the one that
would go straight in?

All the best ..

T i m

p.s. I'd swap it for some drinking vouchers of course ;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

T i m wrote:
Cos I'm looking for a LN5940 (40A Type 2 MCB) for my old MK 'Sentry'
CU and you might still have (a good) one sitting in the bottom of a
box somewhere?

I believe you can get an adaptor / conversion kit to allow you to
mount a modern (flat front and ending with a 's' rather than the
sorta 'sculpted' look I believe) ones but I'd rather use the one that
would go straight in?

All the best ..

T i m

p.s. I'd swap it for some drinking vouchers of course ;-)

Car boots sale.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m

On Wed, 10 May 2006 18:17:29 GMT, "The3rd Earl Of Derby"
wrote:

T i m wrote:
Cos I'm looking for a LN5940 (40A Type 2 MCB) for my old MK 'Sentry'
CU and you might still have (a good) one sitting in the bottom of a
box somewhere?

I believe you can get an adaptor / conversion kit to allow you to
mount a modern (flat front and ending with a 's' rather than the
sorta 'sculpted' look I believe) ones but I'd rather use the one that
would go straight in?

All the best ..

T i m

p.s. I'd swap it for some drinking vouchers of course ;-)

Car boots sale.

Hmmm ..

I would like one 'yes' but not sure quite that much ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Andrews

"T i m" wrote in message
Cos I'm looking for a LN5940 (40A Type 2 MCB) for my old MK 'Sentry'
CU and you might still have (a good) one sitting in the bottom of a
box somewhere?

I believe you can get an adaptor / conversion kit to allow you to
mount a modern (flat front and ending with a 's' rather than the
sorta 'sculpted' look I believe) ones but I'd rather use the one that
would go straight in?

All the best ..

T i m

p.s. I'd swap it for some drinking vouchers of course ;-)

I think this is what you want and at less than £3!

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MK5567.html

I fitted one before Part P interfered with my life and it only took ten
minutes.

Peter

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C

Peter Andrews wrote:
I fitted one before Part P interfered with my life and it only took ten
minutes.

I read part of that last bit as "Prat Prescott interfered with my wife"
and thought, on no, he's at it again....

Then I cleaned my glasses....

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m

On Wed, 10 May 2006 19:16:23 GMT, "Peter Andrews"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .
Cos I'm looking for a LN5940 (40A Type 2 MCB) for my old MK 'Sentry'
CU and you might still have (a good) one sitting in the bottom of a
box somewhere?

I believe you can get an adaptor / conversion kit to allow you to
mount a modern (flat front and ending with a 's' rather than the
sorta 'sculpted' look I believe) ones but I'd rather use the one that
would go straight in?

All the best ..

T i m

p.s. I'd swap it for some drinking vouchers of course ;-)

I think this is what you want and at less than £3!

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MK5567.html

I fitted one before Part P interfered with my life and it only took ten
minutes.

Hmm, it looks a bit 'bitsy' (Meccano) but I guess does the job ok.

And does the cover still shut properly after (someone said it might
not) ?

All the best ..

T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Andrews

"T i m" wrote in message
On Wed, 10 May 2006 19:16:23 GMT, "Peter Andrews"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
. ..
Cos I'm looking for a LN5940 (40A Type 2 MCB) for my old MK 'Sentry'
CU and you might still have (a good) one sitting in the bottom of a

I think this is what you want and at less than £3!

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MK5567.html

I fitted one before Part P interfered with my life and it only took ten
minutes.

Hmm, it looks a bit 'bitsy' (Meccano) but I guess does the job ok.

And does the cover still shut properly after (someone said it might
not) ?

All the best ..

T i m

I'm now 250 miles from the job, but I don't remember having any problem with
the fit. My only problem was with the local wholesaler who told me, at the
time, the only option was to fit a new CU, thank goodness for this user
group and TLC!!

Peter

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

Peter Andrews wrote:
I fitted one before Part P interfered with my life and it only took ten
minutes.

I read part of that last bit as "Prat Prescott interfered with my wife"
and thought, on no, he's at it again....

Then I cleaned my glasses....

Clearly something his secretary should have done ..her glasses that is not yours
..lol

Stuart