Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

Default B+Q Idiots .

Went to B+Q in Glasgow Darnley today to order some stuff for delivery .Ok Ok it
costs £20 but carrying 8 x 4 Gyproc up 2 flights of stairs is young guys work .
Any way I wanted Aquapanel as well and went to the plasterboard etc section and
could find the Aquapanel screws but not the boards .Spoke to a guy who led me to
another guy standing at the timber cutting desk and was told that they used to
sell it but not any more .All they had was water resistant Multiboard which I
didn't want .I grabbed a packet of screws saying that it was ridiculous to sell
the screws and not the boards ....I approached the checkouts and there were only
2 open ( out of about a dozen at least) and each had a queue like an execution
so I just threw the screws down in disgust and walked out .
I phoned Knauf CS when I got home and the very helpful lady phoned B+Q and
phoned me back with the name of the person she spoke to and the boards were
found in Aisle 13 which apparently is beside the power tools !!!!... The only
thing I can think is that this is beside the ceramic tiles but I won't know
until I go back tomorrow .
What a shower of ******* ..

Stuart

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer

On Thu, 04 May 2006 16:23:08 +0100 Stuart wrote :
Went to B+Q in Glasgow Darnley today to order some stuff for delivery
.Ok Ok it costs £20 but carrying 8 x 4 Gyproc up 2 flights of stairs is
young guys work .

You're optimistic hoping for them to bring it up the stairs aren't you?
It's usually specified as kerbside only, though of course you can sub the
driver.

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.12 released 8 Dec 2005]

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Stuart wrote:
Went to B+Q in Glasgow Darnley today to order some stuff for delivery
.Ok Ok it costs £20 but carrying 8 x 4 Gyproc up 2 flights of stairs

They deliver to your door...that doesn't mean they have to hump it up a
flight of stairs.

And why shouldn't they sell the screws without stocking the board?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

On Thu, 04 May 2006 16:08:25 GMT, "The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote:

Stuart wrote:
Went to B+Q in Glasgow Darnley today to order some stuff for delivery
.Ok Ok it costs £20 but carrying 8 x 4 Gyproc up 2 flights of stairs

They deliver to your door...that doesn't mean they have to hump it up a
flight of stairs.

And why shouldn't they sell the screws without stocking the board?

Well just to let you smart arses know .They DO take things like 8 x 4 Gyproc up
2 flights of stairs as proved to me the last time I ordered some .I checked that
before I ordered the delivery and anyway my DOOR is on the second floor ..

BM's are a different kettle of fish tho'

As for selling Aquapanel .Knauf DO supply B+Q with the boards etc so they werent
exactly amused at what was going on . There is nothing to stop them selling the
screws without selling the boards but do you really think it smart .?

Stuart
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Big

We all know that B&Q are *******.

Do what I did and complain to B&Q head office, via email.

My local coventry branch had a trade counter that said it is open all
day. But they closed it at 5pm. I complained via email to the Coventry
branch, after wheeling 10 bags of sand the whole length of the shop,
and then the whole length of car park. And there were 5 assistants who
I passed who were having a chat, who did not ask if I wanted help.

Nothing happened so I complained to head office. Now the trade counter
is open all the time.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Big wrote:
We all know that B&Q are *******.

Do what I did and complain to B&Q head office, via email.

My local coventry branch had a trade counter that said it is open all
day. But they closed it at 5pm. I complained via email to the Coventry
branch, after wheeling 10 bags of sand the whole length of the shop,
and then the whole length of car park. And there were 5 assistants who
I passed who were having a chat, who did not ask if I wanted help.

Nothing happened so I complained to head office. Now the trade counter
is open all the time.

It's the same anywhere, be it Wickes, B&Q or BMs. You'll get some staff
who bend over backwards to help you and others who just couldn't give a
toss.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

On Fri, 5 May 2006 01:04:54 +0100, Cameron wrote:

I only wish I could aford to shop and B&Q.

Dont they have builder supply yards up there?

BR

Cameron

Yes,of course they have BM's but I want the Gyproc carried up stairs and BM's
won't do that but B+Q will

Stuart
Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French

In message , Stuart
writes
wrote:

I only wish I could aford to shop and B&Q.

Dont they have builder supply yards up there?

BR

Cameron

Yes,of course they have BM's but I want the Gyproc carried up stairs and BM's
won't do that but B+Q will

And B&Q aren't necessarily more expensive.
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Anthropist

"Stuart" wrote:
[...]

There is an interesting post on uk.legal about being fined for parking at B
& Q Lincoln, 125 quid but reduced to 75 quid for prompt payment.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from Dave contains these words:

All in all, the best store I have ever been in. I even had to complement
them via the manager. I just wish all other stores were the same.

Worth doing, that. Particularly if you ever go back you'll get treated
like royalty.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from chris French contains these words:

Yes,of course they have BM's but I want the Gyproc carried up stairs
and BM's
won't do that but B+Q will

And B&Q aren't necessarily more expensive.

Also depends whicih B&Q. Our local one wants nearly £20 for a sheet of
3/4" MDF, but the B&Q Depot in Wednesbury wants £11. The local BMs are
around £18.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer

On Thu, 04 May 2006 23:02:33 +0100 Dave wrote :
I had to deal with Tops Tiles a few months ago and the service could not
be faulted.

But for the kitchen wall tiles I bought a while back about twice the price
of B&Q - which I only found out too late.

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.12 released 8 Dec 2005]

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mungo

Dave wrote:

All in all, the best store I have ever been in. I even had to complement
them via the manager.

So you must be biased now that you are a member of the team?

Mungo :-)

s/ple/pli/

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave

Mungo wrote:
Dave wrote:

All in all, the best store I have ever been in. I even had to complement
them via the manager.

So you must be biased now that you are a member of the team?

No, but I did once do a short spell at buy and spew though :-(

That was until I saw the quality of the goods they put on the shelves.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mungo

Dave wrote:

No, but I did once do a short spell at buy and spew though :-(

That was until I saw the quality of the goods they put on the shelves.

errr... you did get my drift: "complEment" versus "complIment" ??

Mungo

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave

Mungo wrote:
Dave wrote:

No, but I did once do a short spell at buy and spew though :-(

That was until I saw the quality of the goods they put on the shelves.

errr... you did get my drift: "complEment" versus "complIment" ??

Looking at the post I replied to...

All in all, the best store I have ever been in. I even had to complement
them via the manager.

So you must be biased now that you are a member of the team?

Mungo :-)

s/ple/pli/

Un-quote...

I cannot see what you are on about when you post

No, but I did once do a short spell at buy and spew though :-(

That was until I saw the quality of the goods they put on the shelves.

errr... you did get my drift: "complEment" versus "complIment" ??

Un-quote...

I have had no posts from you, other than the ones I quote above

Regards

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mungo

Dave wrote:

I have had no posts from you, other than the ones I quote above

You're probably having a laugh, but let me spell it out:

You originally wrote " I even had to complement them via the manager.
"

I think you meant " I even had to compliment them via the manager. "

Go to Google and type in the query (without the quotes)
"define:complement".
One of the definitions of the word "complEment" is:
number needed to make up a whole force; "a full complement of
workers"

Whilst I would never claim to be perfect at spelling, easy spelling
mistakes
that subtly change the meaning of a sentence amuse me. Like the time
the
person called me "incompetAnt".

Back to the DIY... sigh

Mungo ;-)

Junior Member

And B&Q aren't necessarily more expensive.

Also depends whicih B&Q. Our local one wants nearly
£20 for a sheet of
3/4" MDF, but the B&Q Depot in Wednesbury wants £11.
The local BMs are
around £18

My local BM 'MDF 18mm - 2440 x 1220mm' = £12.34inc

Not wanting to argue but I find you have to be very carefull with B&Q as to compare like with like! - plan to visit B&Q and check MDF prices

Would use there web site but thats something else that is $#!£

Cameron

Last edited by Cameron : May 7th 06 at 02:36 PM

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave

Mungo wrote:
Dave wrote:

I have had no posts from you, other than the ones I quote above

You're probably having a laugh, but let me spell it out:

You originally wrote " I even had to complement them via the manager.
"

I think you meant " I even had to compliment them via the manager. "

Sorry Mungo. I see what you mean now (how do you do an embarrassed face?)
My excuse, if you will accept it, is that I have had very severe hay
fever for the last ten days and it has tended to reduce my
concentration. Today is the first one without the hay fever and I picked
up right away what you meant.

HYU

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Martin

in 530094 20060507 191125 Dave wrote:

You originally wrote " I even had to complement them via the manager.
"

I think you meant " I even had to compliment them via the manager. "

Sorry Mungo. I see what you mean now (how do you do an embarrassed face?)
My excuse, if you will accept it, is that I have had very severe hay
fever for the last ten days and it has tended to reduce my
concentration. Today is the first one without the hay fever and I picked
up right away what you meant.

Amazing how one letter can so dramatically change the meaning of that sentence!

Floor leveling for idiots? anon UK diy 2 January 28th 05 07:01 PM
Idiots guide to silcone sealant Richard Savage UK diy 11 September 12th 04 07:00 PM
why are salesmen such idiots? Joseph Oberlander Electronics Repair 38 March 7th 04 11:11 AM
why are salesmen such idiots? BECAUSE ALF, YOU ARE A JERK Kirstin Cogdill Electronics Repair 9 March 7th 04 11:11 AM
Idiots!!! Ken in Canada Woodworking 52 February 20th 04 05:46 AM