Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Bonner

Default Rubber flooring

We are about to buy a new (for us) house with carpet in the bathroom
and laminate in the kitchen. SWMBO has decided that the bathroom
carpet shall be replaced with a rubber floor, and is strongly inclined
to do the same in the kitchen.

Recommendations, horror stories, fitting tips would all be welcomed.

The current plan is for a solid sheet (rather than tiles) in the
bathroom, and I fear that fitting that is beyond my DIY skills. We
might go for tiles in the kitchen, which I feel comfortable about
laying. Any thoughts?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Martin Bonner wrote:
We are about to buy a new (for us) house with carpet in the bathroom
and laminate in the kitchen. SWMBO has decided that the bathroom
carpet shall be replaced with a rubber floor, and is strongly inclined
to do the same in the kitchen.

Recommendations, horror stories, fitting tips would all be welcomed.

The current plan is for a solid sheet (rather than tiles) in the
bathroom, and I fear that fitting that is beyond my DIY skills. We
might go for tiles in the kitchen, which I feel comfortable about
laying. Any thoughts?

Very professional, very hygenic, and very expensive.

You probably don't mean real rubber either...likely a butyl rather than
vinyl sheet.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack

On 12 Apr 2006 04:22:43 -0700, "Martin Bonner"
wrote:

We are about to buy a new (for us) house with carpet in the bathroom
and laminate in the kitchen. SWMBO has decided that the bathroom
carpet shall be replaced with a rubber floor, and is strongly inclined
to do the same in the kitchen.

Recommendations, horror stories, fitting tips would all be welcomed.

The current plan is for a solid sheet (rather than tiles) in the
bathroom, and I fear that fitting that is beyond my DIY skills. We
might go for tiles in the kitchen, which I feel comfortable about
laying. Any thoughts?

Marmoleum
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"Mike Halmarack" ... wrote in message
On 12 Apr 2006 04:22:43 -0700, "Martin Bonner"
wrote:

Marmoleum

Oil of marmalade?

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:24:05 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Mike Halmarack" ... wrote in message
.. .
On 12 Apr 2006 04:22:43 -0700, "Martin Bonner"
wrote:

Marmoleum

Oil of marmalade?

Only if GWB can't keep his precision bombing up to snuff.

Mary

--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Stirling

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Martin Bonner wrote:
We are about to buy a new (for us) house with carpet in the bathroom
and laminate in the kitchen. SWMBO has decided that the bathroom
carpet shall be replaced with a rubber floor, and is strongly inclined
to do the same in the kitchen.

Recommendations, horror stories, fitting tips would all be welcomed.

The current plan is for a solid sheet (rather than tiles) in the
bathroom, and I fear that fitting that is beyond my DIY skills. We
might go for tiles in the kitchen, which I feel comfortable about
laying. Any thoughts?

Very professional, very hygenic, and very expensive.

You probably don't mean real rubber either...likely a butyl rather than
vinyl sheet.

Actual butyl is not that expensive.
Assuming it's thinnish, and glued down.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In article ,
Ian Stirling wrote:

Assuming it's thinnish, and glued down.

Is that a place in Spandinavia? :-)

--
AJL
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Stirling

"Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)" wrote:
In article ,
Ian Stirling wrote:

Assuming it's thinnish, and glued down.

Is that a place in Spandinavia? :-)

No
1mm butyl is 4.50/m^2.
Glob on lots of contact adhesive, and you're golden.