Posted to uk.d-i-y
zin92

Default No lights on "Worcester 350" boiler

Was working fine earlier today but boiler now has no lights and no
indications on LCD panel.

Have switched on and off.

I've checked and 240V is getting to the circuit board.

Any tips or is it time to call in a repair man?

Any recommendations for a repair man in/near London SE3?

Many thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message . com, zin92
writes
Was working fine earlier today but boiler now has no lights and no
indications on LCD panel.

Have switched on and off.

I've checked and 240V is getting to the circuit board.

Any tips or is it time to call in a repair man?

Any recommendations for a repair man in/near London SE3?

What LCD panel ?

do you mean the programmer ?

Are you getting low voltage back from the transformer (9v-0-9v ?)

Have you looked at the fuse on the Zagas 125 pcb?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
zin92

Sorry yes, I mean the programmer.

Are the transformer low voltage point and Zagas 125 pcb fuse easy to
find? Can you provide directions?

BTW, the overheating switch has not tripped (it pops up doesn't it?).

And now the low pressure light (only) has come on. Still nothing on the
programmer display. I don't think the sytem really is at low pressure
because the indicator says 1.5 bar. However it probably was low until I
topped it up.

Thanks again

Posted to uk.d-i-y
zin92

Sorry, I've now checked the fuses on the Zagas 125 pcb and the
sequencer PCB and both seem OK (about an ohm).

I've found something that looks like a transformer but it's labelled
with output of 24V at 16A (no mention of 9V). And I can't seem to get
much of a reading out of this but I'm not sure I'm testing the right
connections.

Thanks again in advance for any help

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message om, zin92
writes
Sorry yes, I mean the programmer.

Are the transformer low voltage point and Zagas 125 pcb fuse easy to
find? Can you provide directions?

The transformer goes to a connector on that pcb

Don't you have a manual ?

It has a fault finding chart

BTW, the overheating switch has not tripped (it pops up doesn't it?).

And now the low pressure light (only) has come on. Still nothing on the
programmer display. I don't think the sytem really is at low pressure
because the indicator says 1.5 bar. However it probably was low until I
topped it up.

Thanks again

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message . com, zin92
writes
Sorry, I've now checked the fuses on the Zagas 125 pcb and the
sequencer PCB and both seem OK (about an ohm).

I've found something that looks like a transformer but it's labelled
with output of 24V at 16A (no mention of 9V). And I can't seem to get
much of a reading out of this but I'm not sure I'm testing the right
connections.

It could be 24v, I can't remember offhand, but 16A ? I think not

So you need to work out whether you're a) getting mains into the
transformer and b) getting whatever the low voltage is, out

--
geoff

Mixing header and pumps John Aston UK diy 79 December 8th 04 09:50 AM
Noisy banging boiler what is the cause? Tim UK diy 8 November 3rd 04 09:36 PM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Near death boiler + replacing a boiler David Hearn UK diy 9 January 26th 04 12:44 PM
Boiler problem - hot water, cold radiators Dan the man UK diy 9 October 7th 03 11:26 PM