Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack

Default Name of this bathroom item and where from?

Can anyone tell me what those composite units are called which go in
place of a simple splash-back, behind a wash hand basin? I'm thinking
of the ones that include a mirror, a light and small shelves or
compartments for tooth brushes, and shaving kit. I remember some old
style ones, maybe made from white glass, with chrome fittings and
rails but I haven't seen anything similar for a long time.
Where if at all, are these available?
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack

On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 11:31:31 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

Mike Halmarack wrote:
Can anyone tell me what those composite units are called which go in
place of a simple splash-back, behind a wash hand basin? I'm thinking
of the ones that include a mirror, a light and small shelves or
compartments for tooth brushes, and shaving kit. I remember some old
style ones, maybe made from white glass, with chrome fittings and
rails but I haven't seen anything similar for a long time.
Where if at all, are these available?

The 1970s? :-)

What's the delivery?
David

--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

wrote:

Mike Halmarack wrote:
Can anyone tell me what those composite units are called which go in
place of a simple splash-back, behind a wash hand basin? I'm
thinking of the ones that include a mirror, a light and small
shelves or compartments for tooth brushes, and shaving kit. I
remember some old style ones, maybe made from white glass, with
chrome fittings and rails but I haven't seen anything similar for a
long time.
Where if at all, are these available?

The 1970s? :-)

What's the delivery?
David

--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.

Tardis

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack

wrote:

Mike Halmarack wrote:
Can anyone tell me what those composite units are called which go in
place of a simple splash-back, behind a wash hand basin? I'm
thinking of the ones that include a mirror, a light and small
shelves or compartments for tooth brushes, and shaving kit. I
remember some old style ones, maybe made from white glass, with
chrome fittings and rails but I haven't seen anything similar for a
long time.
Where if at all, are these available?

The 1970s? :-)

What's the delivery?
David

--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.

Tardis

Sir real?
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Mike Halmarack wrote:
Can anyone tell me what those composite units are called which go in
place of a simple splash-back, behind a wash hand basin? I'm thinking
of the ones that include a mirror, a light and small shelves or
compartments for tooth brushes, and shaving kit. I remember some old
style ones, maybe made from white glass, with chrome fittings and
rails but I haven't seen anything similar for a long time.
Where if at all, are these available?

The 1970s? :-)

What's the delivery?

They must be back in fashion and ex-stock by now.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Malcolm Race

Mike Halmarack wrote:
Can anyone tell me what those composite units are called which go in
place of a simple splash-back, behind a wash hand basin? I'm thinking
of the ones that include a mirror, a light and small shelves or
compartments for tooth brushes, and shaving kit. I remember some old
style ones, maybe made from white glass, with chrome fittings and
rails but I haven't seen anything similar for a long time.
Where if at all, are these available?

Try Screwfix items 10062, 89835, 42766

If you have the paper catalogue, look in the Bathrooms section

Malcolm
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack

On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 16:06:26 GMT, Malcolm Race
wrote:

Mike Halmarack wrote:
Can anyone tell me what those composite units are called which go in
place of a simple splash-back, behind a wash hand basin? I'm thinking
of the ones that include a mirror, a light and small shelves or
compartments for tooth brushes, and shaving kit. I remember some old
style ones, maybe made from white glass, with chrome fittings and
rails but I haven't seen anything similar for a long time.
Where if at all, are these available?

Try Screwfix items 10062, 89835, 42766

If you have the paper catalogue, look in the Bathrooms section

Malcolm

Thanks Malcolm, that was a big help.
--
Regards,