DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Name of this bathroom item and where from? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/151843-name-bathroom-item-where.html)

Mike Halmarack April 3rd 06 09:59 AM

Name of this bathroom item and where from?

Can anyone tell me what those composite units are called which go in
place of a simple splash-back, behind a wash hand basin? I'm thinking
of the ones that include a mirror, a light and small shelves or
compartments for tooth brushes, and shaving kit. I remember some old
style ones, maybe made from white glass, with chrome fittings and
rails but I haven't seen anything similar for a long time.
Where if at all, are these available?
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.

Mike Halmarack April 3rd 06 12:55 PM

Name of this bathroom item and where from?

On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 11:31:31 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

Mike Halmarack wrote:
Can anyone tell me what those composite units are called which go in
place of a simple splash-back, behind a wash hand basin? I'm thinking
of the ones that include a mirror, a light and small shelves or
compartments for tooth brushes, and shaving kit. I remember some old
style ones, maybe made from white glass, with chrome fittings and
rails but I haven't seen anything similar for a long time.
Where if at all, are these available?

The 1970s? :-)

What's the delivery?
David

--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.

The3rd Earl Of Derby April 3rd 06 01:06 PM

wrote:

Mike Halmarack wrote:
Can anyone tell me what those composite units are called which go in
place of a simple splash-back, behind a wash hand basin? I'm
thinking of the ones that include a mirror, a light and small
shelves or compartments for tooth brushes, and shaving kit. I
remember some old style ones, maybe made from white glass, with
chrome fittings and rails but I haven't seen anything similar for a
long time.
Where if at all, are these available?

The 1970s? :-)

What's the delivery?
David

--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.

Tardis

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Mike Halmarack April 3rd 06 01:09 PM

Name of this bathroom item and where from?

wrote:

Mike Halmarack wrote:
Can anyone tell me what those composite units are called which go in
place of a simple splash-back, behind a wash hand basin? I'm
thinking of the ones that include a mirror, a light and small
shelves or compartments for tooth brushes, and shaving kit. I
remember some old style ones, maybe made from white glass, with
chrome fittings and rails but I haven't seen anything similar for a
long time.
Where if at all, are these available?

The 1970s? :-)

What's the delivery?
David

--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.

Tardis

Sir real?
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.

[email protected] April 3rd 06 01:34 PM

wrote:

Mike Halmarack wrote:
Can anyone tell me what those composite units are called which go in
place of a simple splash-back, behind a wash hand basin? I'm thinking
of the ones that include a mirror, a light and small shelves or
compartments for tooth brushes, and shaving kit. I remember some old
style ones, maybe made from white glass, with chrome fittings and
rails but I haven't seen anything similar for a long time.
Where if at all, are these available?

The 1970s? :-)

What's the delivery?

They must be back in fashion and ex-stock by now.

MBQ

Mike Halmarack April 3rd 06 02:37 PM

Name of this bathroom item and where from? - TweakUI.lnk (0/1)

wrote:

Mike Halmarack wrote:
Can anyone tell me what those composite units are called which go in
place of a simple splash-back, behind a wash hand basin? I'm thinking
of the ones that include a mirror, a light and small shelves or
compartments for tooth brushes, and shaving kit. I remember some old
style ones, maybe made from white glass, with chrome fittings and
rails but I haven't seen anything similar for a long time.
Where if at all, are these available?

The 1970s? :-)

What's the delivery?

They must be back in fashion and ex-stock by now.

Damn! Missed them again.
MBQ

--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.

Mike Halmarack April 3rd 06 02:48 PM

wrote:

Mike Halmarack wrote:
Can anyone tell me what those composite units are called which go in
place of a simple splash-back, behind a wash hand basin? I'm thinking
of the ones that include a mirror, a light and small shelves or
compartments for tooth brushes, and shaving kit. I remember some old
style ones, maybe made from white glass, with chrome fittings and
rails but I haven't seen anything similar for a long time.
Where if at all, are these available?

The 1970s? :-)

What's the delivery?

They must be back in fashion and ex-stock by now.

Damn! Missed them again and still don't know what they're called.

--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.

Mike Halmarack April 3rd 06 02:51 PM

wrote:

Mike Halmarack wrote:
Can anyone tell me what those composite units are called which go in
place of a simple splash-back, behind a wash hand basin? I'm thinking
of the ones that include a mirror, a light and small shelves or
compartments for tooth brushes, and shaving kit. I remember some old
style ones, maybe made from white glass, with chrome fittings and
rails but I haven't seen anything similar for a long time.
Where if at all, are these available?

The 1970s? :-)

What's the delivery?

They must be back in fashion and ex-stock by now.

Damn! Missed those elusive thingamejigs again.
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.

Mike Halmarack April 3rd 06 02:54 PM

wrote:

Mike Halmarack wrote:
Can anyone tell me what those composite units are called which go in
place of a simple splash-back, behind a wash hand basin? I'm thinking
of the ones that include a mirror, a light and small shelves or
compartments for tooth brushes, and shaving kit. I remember some old
style ones, maybe made from white glass, with chrome fittings and
rails but I haven't seen anything similar for a long time.
Where if at all, are these available?

The 1970s? :-)

What's the delivery?

They must be back in fashion and ex-stock by now.

Damn! Missed them again and still don't know what they're called.

OK, Now it's really turning weird. Direct me back to the Tardis!
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.

Malcolm Race April 3rd 06 05:06 PM

Mike Halmarack wrote:
Can anyone tell me what those composite units are called which go in
place of a simple splash-back, behind a wash hand basin? I'm thinking
of the ones that include a mirror, a light and small shelves or
compartments for tooth brushes, and shaving kit. I remember some old
style ones, maybe made from white glass, with chrome fittings and
rails but I haven't seen anything similar for a long time.
Where if at all, are these available?

Try Screwfix items 10062, 89835, 42766

If you have the paper catalogue, look in the Bathrooms section

Malcolm

Mike Halmarack April 3rd 06 05:20 PM

Name of this bathroom item and where from?

On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 16:06:26 GMT, Malcolm Race
wrote:

Mike Halmarack wrote:
Can anyone tell me what those composite units are called which go in
place of a simple splash-back, behind a wash hand basin? I'm thinking
of the ones that include a mirror, a light and small shelves or
compartments for tooth brushes, and shaving kit. I remember some old
style ones, maybe made from white glass, with chrome fittings and
rails but I haven't seen anything similar for a long time.
Where if at all, are these available?

Try Screwfix items 10062, 89835, 42766

If you have the paper catalogue, look in the Bathrooms section

Malcolm

Thanks Malcolm, that was a big help.
--
Regards,