Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman

Default Screwfix Replacement Drawers & Doors

Hi

Anyone had experience of the above?

Two points come to mind; do the doors have pre drilled holes for hinges -
and if so are they 'standard' across the trade? I don't have a problem
drilling said holes, I'd just like to know the spacing if any.

Second, how do the replacement drawer fronts fit existing drawers? I've
seen many different styles of drawer construction and wondered how a
universal drawer front would attach?

Really the question is - are they a universal replacement for 99% of
existing kitchen units?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark

The Medway Handyman wrote in message
. uk...
Hi

Anyone had experience of the above?

Two points come to mind; do the doors have pre drilled holes for hinges -
and if so are they 'standard' across the trade? I don't have a problem
drilling said holes, I'd just like to know the spacing if any.

Second, how do the replacement drawer fronts fit existing drawers? I've
seen many different styles of drawer construction and wondered how a
universal drawer front would attach?

Really the question is - are they a universal replacement for 99% of
existing kitchen units?

Im always mixing and matching kitchen doors and carcasses to repair damage.
Very few will ever be a bolt on fit, but none have yet been impossible to
fit.
doors normally have pre drilled hinge holes Which then don't align with
screw holes in carcasses.

-

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 22:53:12 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Hi

Anyone had experience of the above?

Two points come to mind; do the doors have pre drilled holes for hinges -
and if so are they 'standard' across the trade? I don't have a problem
drilling said holes, I'd just like to know the spacing if any.

Second, how do the replacement drawer fronts fit existing drawers? I've
seen many different styles of drawer construction and wondered how a
universal drawer front would attach?

Really the question is - are they a universal replacement for 99% of
existing kitchen units?

No but what joy it is to see a modernised kitchen at so little cost.
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Two points come to mind; do the doors have pre drilled holes for hinges -
and if so are they 'standard' across the trade? I don't have a problem
drilling said holes, I'd just like to know the spacing if any.

No they are all different AFAIK - given that so much about kitchen units
*is* standard across brands, like overall widths/heights of units, it
begs the question why hasn't this been standardised too? I suppose the
cynical answer is that it would make it just too easy for Joe Public to
nip down to his local kitchen door emporium and be able to give his
kitchen a total refurb for about an hours' easy work, rather than buying
a whole new kitchen?

Second, how do the replacement drawer fronts fit existing drawers? I've
seen many different styles of drawer construction and wondered how a
universal drawer front would attach?

Never used the Screwfix ones but I'm assuming they're intended for
drawers which are provided as one-piece plastic items which sit on
runners, and which you simply screw on the selected drawer front?

David

replacement bathroom cabinet doors pat Home Repair 3 April 10th 05 11:17 PM
Replacement doors for kitchen units michaelangelo7 UK diy 1 February 18th 05 09:30 AM
Inset doors & drawers for first-time cabinet builder? Chip Olson Woodworking 1 June 5th 04 01:04 PM
Screwfix :-( Ian UK diy 13 September 3rd 03 06:15 PM
Wide Wardrobe Doors Andrew May UK diy 1 August 15th 03 08:01 AM