Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman

Default Toolstation

Hi All

Just had an e-mail from Toolstation;

"Now open! Toolstation's newest Warehouse / Counter, located conveniently to
serve Southampton, Portsmouth and the M27 corridor has opened, on track with
our intention to open hundreds of Toolstation counters around the country.

As with all Toolstation counters, it is easy to access with ample parking
and will be fully stocked with all 8,500 product lines so that customers can
pick up the entire Toolstation range on a daily basis".

If they do indeed open 'hundreds' of Toolstation counters, I reckon B&Q are
in deep trouble - and we are all going to benefit from lower prices and
bigger stock ranges.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Hi All

Just had an e-mail from Toolstation;

"Now open! Toolstation's newest Warehouse / Counter, located
conveniently to serve Southampton, Portsmouth and the M27 corridor
has opened, on track with our intention to open hundreds of
Toolstation counters around the country.
As with all Toolstation counters, it is easy to access with ample
parking and will be fully stocked with all 8,500 product lines so
that customers can pick up the entire Toolstation range on a daily
basis".
If they do indeed open 'hundreds' of Toolstation counters, I reckon
B&Q are in deep trouble - and we are all going to benefit from lower
prices and bigger stock ranges.

I've never heard of them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Phil L wrote:

If they do indeed open 'hundreds' of Toolstation counters, I reckon
B&Q are in deep trouble - and we are all going to benefit from lower
prices and bigger stock ranges.

Although they have the ideal weapon to fight back with - Screwfix!

I've never heard of them.

Son of Screwfix - started by the original directors of SF after they
sold out to Kingfisher IIUC.

www.toolstation.com

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Hi All

Just had an e-mail from Toolstation;

"Now open! Toolstation's newest Warehouse / Counter, located conveniently to
serve Southampton, Portsmouth and the M27 corridor has opened, on track with
our intention to open hundreds of Toolstation counters around the country.

As with all Toolstation counters, it is easy to access with ample parking
and will be fully stocked with all 8,500 product lines so that customers can
pick up the entire Toolstation range on a daily basis".

If they do indeed open 'hundreds' of Toolstation counters, I reckon B&Q are
in deep trouble - and we are all going to benefit from lower prices and
bigger stock ranges.

the prices wil have to be higher due to the large added costs.

I'm surprised to see them claim 8500 stock lines though, nowt like that
in my TS catalogue.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mathew Newton

John Rumm wrote:

Son of Screwfix - started by the original directors of SF after they
sold out to Kingfisher IIUC.

YDIUC ;-)

From http://www.toolstation.com/help.html :

'Toolstation was launched in 2003 by Mark Goddard-Watts. He and his
family owned The Woodscrew Supply Company which they transformed into
Screwfix Direct before selling it to B&Q in 1999. At Toolstation, Mark
is passionate about running an efficient operation that keeps its costs
low so that customers enjoy low prices for high quality products.'

Mathew

Toolstation Customer Service SantaUK UK diy 2 March 14th 06 09:17 AM
Waiting for a Toolstation delivery EricP UK diy 6 November 12th 05 08:19 AM
TRV from Toolstation Mike UK diy 2 April 22nd 05 07:33 PM
Screwfix next day service - not Lobster UK diy 33 October 10th 04 01:44 PM