Posted to uk.d-i-y
SantaUK

Default Toolstation Customer Service

I emailed them at the weekend to report a faulty downlighter I bought three
months ago - and asked about how to go about returning it for a replacement.
Came in to an email today to say a new one has been sent out for delivery
tomorrow by courier and just to dispose of the broken one.

It might not have been a £400 drill, but Customer Service was First Class
and well recommended!

--
Regards

M Millar

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"SantaUK" wrote in message
I emailed them at the weekend to report a faulty downlighter I bought three
months ago - and asked about how to go about returning it for a
replacement. Came in to an email today to say a new one has been sent out
for delivery tomorrow by courier and just to dispose of the broken one.

It might not have been a £400 drill, but Customer Service was First Class
and well recommended!

They are not exactly cheap though.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

SantaUK wrote:
I emailed them at the weekend to report a faulty downlighter I bought three
months ago - and asked about how to go about returning it for a replacement.
Came in to an email today to say a new one has been sent out for delivery
tomorrow by courier and just to dispose of the broken one.

I dunno. I used to use Toolstation quite a bit but they totally dumped
me in it up my neck a few months ago by not being able to supply goods
I'd ordered and not keeping me informed at all, and as a clincher, were
totally unconcerned about it. As a result I haven't used them since,
and Screwfix get pretty much all my online business. But everyone has a
horror story to tell about Screwfix too. I guess it's win some, lose
some / yer pays your money and takes yer choice / whatever?

David