Posted to uk.d-i-y
snippo

Default securit 700L plus resetting

Hi. I've got the above system in my house. It went off accidentaly the
other day and someone rang me to say they had been informed that my
alarm was activated. Unfortunately I have no idea who it was and forgot
to take their number. I think they were associated with a previous
owner. Is there any way to reset this number to ring my mobile if the
alarm is activated again?
Cheers
john

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terence

"snippo" wrote in news:1142081246.645710.25990
@j52g2000cwj.googlegroups.com:

Hi. I've got the above system in my house. It went off accidentaly the
other day and someone rang me to say they had been informed that my
alarm was activated. Unfortunately I have no idea who it was and forgot
to take their number. I think they were associated with a previous
owner. Is there any way to reset this number to ring my mobile if the
alarm is activated again?
Cheers
john

I have this self-same system installed.

It does not have an dial-a-number-when-activated facility ! It is
strictly a passive alarm. Unless yours has had an extra thingy added.

Do you have a service company phone number on the bell box? Someone
might have rung this number.

I have the full manuals - email me if you want any details from them.

Terence
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield

snippo was thinking very hard :
Hi. I've got the above system in my house. It went off accidentaly the
other day and someone rang me to say they had been informed that my
alarm was activated. Unfortunately I have no idea who it was and forgot
to take their number. I think they were associated with a previous
owner. Is there any way to reset this number to ring my mobile if the
alarm is activated again?
Cheers
john

There is a manual for the system at

http://www.expert-security.com/manuals/700l.pdf

but no mention of an autodialler or the settings of it.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield

Harry Bloomfield presented the following explanation :
snippo was thinking very hard :
Hi. I've got the above system in my house. It went off accidentaly the
other day and someone rang me to say they had been informed that my
alarm was activated. Unfortunately I have no idea who it was and forgot
to take their number. I think they were associated with a previous
owner. Is there any way to reset this number to ring my mobile if the
alarm is activated again?
Cheers john

There is a manual for the system at

http://www.expert-security.com/manuals/700l.pdf

but no mention of an autodialler or the settings of it.

Try pulling the backup, it should then go back to defaults:-

User/Customer Code 1: 1234
User/Customer Code 2: 0000
Engineer Code: 7890

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
snippo wrote:
Thanks for your advice. I've already got the manual and you're right
that there is no mention of autodialling. So-- not really sure what
happened.

If it had an SDI there would be evidence of a phone line going to it?

--
*Dance like nobody's watching.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.