John

Default Securit 700L alarm (circa 1995)

Has anyone by any chance got instructions for disabling the "chime" facility
on one of the above alarms? A copy of the booklet for the unit would be a
great help for reference as I may have to swap out the outside sounder unit
soon.
John
(remove AS to reply directly)

Lurch

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 06:37:53 +0000 (UTC), "John"
strung together this:

Has anyone by any chance got instructions for disabling the "chime" facility
on one of the above alarms?

Try this

Enter your user code.
Press the chime button.
Select\deselect the zones for chime.
Press the * key.

A copy of the booklet for the unit would be a
great help for reference as I may have to swap out the outside sounder unit
soon.

That would be the installation manual you need and you're not an
installer. Also, the specifics of changing the SAB would come under
the SAB instructions, not the panels and if you know what you're doing
you don't need the panels installation manual.
The user manual on the other hand is fine, I'd let you have that if I
had a copy!
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
ARWadsworth

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 06:37:53 +0000 (UTC), "John"
strung together this:

Has anyone by any chance got instructions for disabling the "chime"

facility
on one of the above alarms?

Try this

Enter your user code.
Press the chime button.
Select\deselect the zones for chime.
Press the * key.

A copy of the booklet for the unit would be a
great help for reference as I may have to swap out the outside sounder

unit
soon.

I have sent you both manuals. By chance I had downladed them yesterday for
todays work.

Adam

John

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 06:37:53 +0000 (UTC), "John"
strung together this:

Has anyone by any chance got instructions for disabling the "chime"

facility
on one of the above alarms?

Try this

Enter your user code.
Press the chime button.
Select\deselect the zones for chime.
Press the * key.

The only communication with the system is via a keypad which doesn't have a
chime button. Available keys are numericals 1 to 0 with a star and a hash
key. There are two levels of code for 1. user and 2. engineering but I
havent got the documentation any more.

A copy of the booklet for the unit would be a
great help for reference as I may have to swap out the outside sounder

unit
soon.

That would be the installation manual you need and you're not an
installer. Also, the specifics of changing the SAB would come under
the SAB instructions, not the panels and if you know what you're doing
you don't need the panels installation manual.

I actually installed the thing back in 1995 for an elderly relative. The
unit was used less and less as years went by and they left the house less
and less until a few days ago when we were clearing the house out following
bereavement. The battery was dead and the power supply off. I fitted a new
battery and restored the power whereupon it awoke but back in original
settings mode with zone one chime active. As zone one on this system is a
pir covering the entrance it gets to be a bloody nuisance as you walk around
the hallway. I can vaguely recall disabling the chime from engineering level
settings but the paperwork is long gone and I can't recall the codes to do
it. :-(
The level one adjustments are printed on the label under the lid which makes
changing the entry code, walk test, bell tests etc a doddle but nothing
higher.

The user manual on the other hand is fine, I'd let you have that if I
had a copy!

John

John

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message

SNIP

I have sent you both manuals. By chance I had downladed them yesterday for
todays work.

Great. Attachments arrived safely. Please accept my heartfelt thanks.

John

Lurch

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:43:47 GMT, "ARWadsworth"
strung together this:

I have sent you both manuals.

I haven't received them.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
ARWadsworth

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:43:47 GMT, "ARWadsworth"
strung together this:

I have sent you both manuals.

I haven't received them.
--

Should have read that I had sent John both the Engeneering and User manuals
to John. But you are welcome to a copy as well.

Adam

Lurch

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 06:03:14 GMT, "ARWadsworth"
strung together this:

Should have read that I had sent John both the Engeneering and User manuals
to John.

I was pointing out, in a rather too subtle way, that your post is in
reply to mine when I didn't actually ask for the manuals, the OP did.
But I see you're using OE, never mind.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
Junior Member

By chance do you still have these because they sound like exactly what i need right now to resolve a problem after respoitioning the control panel with the power off, it no longer works and appears to be in some sort off locked down state.