Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack

Default OT is ebay alive just now?

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 21:04:02 GMT, dave wrote:

Has anyone used ebay during the past 2 hours? I'm getting all sorts of junk from
no web site to failed logins. Tried several browsers same result. Could be my
isp (ntl). Oops now I see google is also unavailable! This looks like a fun
night.
Anyone else having similar problems?

My Plusnet service was down for a lot of the morning yesterday. That's
a rare occurrence in the last 4 years.
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the EGG to email me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Brentnall

HI Mike

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 07:06:03 +0000, Mike Halmarack
wrote:

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 21:04:02 GMT, dave wrote:

Has anyone used ebay during the past 2 hours? I'm getting all sorts of junk from
no web site to failed logins. Tried several browsers same result. Could be my
isp (ntl). Oops now I see google is also unavailable! This looks like a fun
night.
Anyone else having similar problems?

My Plusnet service was down for a lot of the morning yesterday. That's
a rare occurrence in the last 4 years.

I've only been on Plusnet (broadband) for a year or so - and most of
the time it's very fast and reliable.

Yesterday it was slow and flaky g. This morning it's having the odd
hiccup - seems that they had a problem with some of their equipment
yesterday, which took them much of the morning & half of the afternoon
to sort out.

Rebooting my router seems to help - they mention a situation where
'authentication' is screwed up, so you can access the internet - but
not certain websites.....

Regards
Adrian
Suffolk UK
www.inspired-glass.co.uk
======return email munged=================
take out the papers and the trash to reply
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 09:08:10 +0000 Mike Halmarack wrote :
I used to do a lot of work to overcome this type of situation. Now
I tend to just wait.:-)
I've noticed the frequent inaccessibility of certain websites for
over a week now.

I'm glad to know that this is a known problem. I didn't change
anything (honest!) but suddenly a week ago my church website (which I
maintain) became totally inaccessible from here (www, ftp or ping).
Friends around the world could get it fine so it wasn't a hosting
problem. Various suggestions from my ISP were to no effect. Then
yesterday it suddenly came back. I'm glad but wish I knew why.

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.12 released 8 Dec 2005]

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 11:41:41 GMT, Tony Bryer
wrote:

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 09:08:10 +0000 Mike Halmarack wrote :
I used to do a lot of work to overcome this type of situation. Now
I tend to just wait.:-)
I've noticed the frequent inaccessibility of certain websites for
over a week now.

I'm glad to know that this is a known problem. I didn't change
anything (honest!) but suddenly a week ago my church website (which I
maintain) became totally inaccessible from here (www, ftp or ping).
Friends around the world could get it fine so it wasn't a hosting
problem. Various suggestions from my ISP were to no effect. Then
yesterday it suddenly came back. I'm glad but wish I knew why.

It's so disheartening when you restore previous router settings,
restore windows to an earlier time. Poking and prodding the works for
days on end only to find that it's to no avail. Then service suddenly
returns to normal. ISPs are reluctant to claim responsibility, so they
often don't.
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack