Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

Default Extending Shower screen along bath

I have a shower screen which fits on to a false wall at the taps end
of my bath ...this wall acconmmodating the electric shower...Thinking
ahead to when I either ( or both) fit another bath or retile this
area.I would really like the screen to extend further along the bath
to further prevent spray going on to the floor .......Other than
building something along the bath and tiling it is there any sort of
plastic construction that I could fit to the existing wall to which I
could fit the screen . ...maybe something that double glazing
companies use perhaps .?? Any suggestions ....

Stuart
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stuart wrote:
I have a shower screen which fits on to a false wall at the taps end
of my bath ...this wall acconmmodating the electric shower...Thinking
ahead to when I either ( or both) fit another bath or retile this
area.I would really like the screen to extend further along the bath
to further prevent spray going on to the floor .......Other than
building something along the bath and tiling it is there any sort of
plastic construction that I could fit to the existing wall to which I
could fit the screen . ...maybe something that double glazing
companies use perhaps .?? Any suggestions ....

Wickes used to do extension pieces for their windows so you could use
standard sizes in a hole that was slightly too large. Each one would
only give you about 4cm IIRC so you'ld need to use a few and I'm not
sure it's a very practical idea.

You could have a tall narrow uPVC window made to any size you want.
Again, not sure about the practicality of it. Fix it to the wall and
ceiling with frame fixers. Then you need to fix the bottom to the bath
somehow to stop it flapping about. Then you need to fix the screen to
it somehow...

Have you looked for a larger screen. I know what you mean as we have
the same problem with water splashing around the side.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

On 3 Mar 2006 07:21:19 -0800, wrote:

Stuart wrote:
[...]

Thx for that ..
I seem to remember looking at screens that were longer ( or broader if
thats more correct ) and they wre pricey .
If I can't get anyhting what I'll probably do is get a replacement
bath when retiling and build out from the false wall so it sits on top
of the bath edge and tile it then fit the screen to it and that will
have the same effect .

Stuart
Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheScullster

We removed a knackered screen when we re-modelled our bathroom - it
telescoped out via 2 extension panels.
Not sure what degree of coverage this would give compared to a single piece
wide version though.
Also appeared "cheap end" if you get my drift.

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 16:51:10 -0000, "TheScullster"
wrote:

We removed a knackered screen when we re-modelled our bathroom - it
telescoped out via 2 extension panels.
Not sure what degree of coverage this would give compared to a single piece
wide version though.
Also appeared "cheap end" if you get my drift.

Phil

This is like what I want ..lol..need to make sure bath rim is flat
tho'
http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/317-14461

1100mm when extended ..

Stuart

Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts

On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 14:22:35 +0000, Stuart wrote:

I have a shower screen which fits on to a false wall at the taps end
of my bath ...this wall acconmmodating the electric shower...Thinking
ahead to when I either ( or both) fit another bath or retile this
area.I would really like the screen to extend further along the bath
to further prevent spray going on to the floor .......Other than
building something along the bath and tiling it is there any sort of
plastic construction that I could fit to the existing wall to which I
could fit the screen . ...maybe something that double glazing
companies use perhaps .?? Any suggestions ....

We gave up on shower screens because they were never tall enough to stop
water going over the top.

[Shower has to be high enough to shower down on 6'3" son standing in bath]

Although they are not as pretty, shower curtains seem much more effective
(and, damn, they are cheap).

HTH

Dave R

P.S. I like the idea of enclosing the head end of the bath in a
hand built shower cubicle - very classy - we just don't have the space.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David WE Roberts wrote:
[...]

Which reminds me, you can get screens that do this. Can't remember
where I saw them but one screen is fixed along the bath as usual. The
second is hinged to the wall on the other side of the bath and folds
out to form a "cubicle" from the top of the bath up to the height of
the other screen.

MBQ

Shower bath mixer tap woes Andy UK diy 8 August 22nd 05 03:43 PM
converting shower to bath Melissa Home Repair 2 January 18th 05 12:30 AM
Problem with fitting shower screen Broadback UK diy 2 November 26th 04 07:23 PM
Shower screen seal Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot UK diy 4 January 6th 04 01:04 PM
Shower Screen Seal Needed Stuart UK diy 3 November 14th 03 10:14 AM