Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

Default Shower screen seal

I've bought a two-piece sliding shower screen from Argos** and it's got
inch-deep flappy rubber seals up the side and along the bottom of each
screen, as you'd expect.

What I need to know is how much do you compress the seals when fitting the
screen? Are they supposed to just touch a bit, or squash onto the bath/wall?
The reason I ask is that there's no room for adjustment and if I fit it too
low and the screen doesn't slide along the edge of the bath properly it'll
be a PITA for evermore!

Si

**This one:
http://tinyurl.com/2kqvy

John Stumbles

"Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot" wrote in message
I've bought a two-piece sliding shower screen from Argos** and it's got
inch-deep flappy rubber seals up the side and along the bottom of each
screen, as you'd expect.

What I need to know is how much do you compress the seals when fitting the
screen? Are they supposed to just touch a bit, or squash onto the

bath/wall?
The reason I ask is that there's no room for adjustment and if I fit it

too
low and the screen doesn't slide along the edge of the bath properly it'll
be a PITA for evermore!

It will be a PITA however you set it up so don't worry, be happy, we're all
made of 90% water so what's a bit more around the place anyway? (You _have_
got a totally waterproof floor to your bathroom, haven't you?)

And when you take it out again it'll make a very handsome addition to the
ambience of your shed ;-)

--
John Stumbles
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-|-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

)

And when you take it out again it'll make a very handsome addition to the
ambience of your shed ;-)

You're right, it'll make a nice feature.

Si

stuart noble

Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot wrote in message ...
I've bought a two-piece sliding shower screen from Argos** and it's got
inch-deep flappy rubber seals up the side and along the bottom of each
screen, as you'd expect.

What I need to know is how much do you compress the seals when fitting the
screen? Are they supposed to just touch a bit, or squash onto the

bath/wall?
The reason I ask is that there's no room for adjustment and if I fit it too
low and the screen doesn't slide along the edge of the bath properly it'll
be a PITA for evermore!

The last one I fitted I propped up with hardboard spacers on the bath edge.
Just as well because the wall was out of square and the top screw needed
packing for it to sit evenly. I'd go for the just touching, might not be
100% water tight, option rather than the difficult to operate.

Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

"stuart noble" wrote in message

The last one I fitted I propped up with hardboard spacers on the bath

edge.
Just as well because the wall was out of square and the top screw needed
packing for it to sit evenly. I'd go for the just touching, might not be
100% water tight, option rather than the difficult to operate.

Thanks.

I worked out that I should have RTFM first - on the very back page there's a
picture of how it should look! *Slaps head*

My wall is out of square too (aren't they all?) and the top bracket needs
packing out slightly but it's up and it works. I agree that it's better to
have a little leakage than to have it stuck to the top of the bath. That's
my excuse anyway.

Si