Melissa

Default converting shower to bath

In our master bath we have a 36" x 60" walk in shower with sliding doors.
The shower will have to be ripped out to repair hurricane damage in the wall
behind it. We can't afford to change the size or shape of the room, but
will fix it up while making repairs in there. Hubby wants a jacuzzi type
tub with showerhead, I think replacing the shower and adding a built in
bench seat is more sensible. Neither of us would bathe in a tub, we shower
for that, tubs are for soaking. We have another bathroom in the house with
a standard size tub with showerhead, but it's really too small for an adult
to enjoy and is the kids bathroom. I believe climbing into a deep tub daily
is more impractical than having a soaking tub would be enjoyable. Has
anyone here made this switch, without having a seperate shower, if so, was
the change worth it?

--
Melissa
remove your shoes to reply by email

I've spoken to a couple of contractors who say most elaborate tubs are
not used.
The arrangement most favored in this area is a shower separate from a
soaking tub.
TB

Nate

"Melissa"

In our master bath we have a 36" x 60" walk in shower with sliding doors.

Might want to shop around and see what kind of unit you can squish into 60".
You definitely won't be stretching out. 72" has more of a selection.

Personally, I think the whole retro-jacuzzi thing is a little ghetto. A
real jacuzzi that 2 people can shimmy into, and is built of better
materials, with a seperate shower nearby, might be more interesting, but it
isn't going to fit in your space. A nice white cast iron tub will make your
bathroom worth more money ("full bath"), whether you actually use it or not.
200 bucks or so. Think about cleaning around all those plastic parts and
protrusions on a jacuzzi, and/or finding spares 15 years from now.

- Nate

New bath and shower. Graeme UK diy 7 May 15th 04 12:35 PM
Shower Curtain rail for Corner Bath.. Please help. Rune Langtind UK diy 7 March 2nd 04 10:02 AM
Internal waste pipes, eg. Bath, shower, sink. Lawrence UK diy 5 December 10th 03 04:57 PM
Shower screen grumble... David W.E. Roberts UK diy 0 September 5th 03 05:49 PM
strange shaped shower rail NC UK diy 2 July 31st 03 12:33 PM