Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Baxi back boiler and propane / butane

Hi,
Has anyone successfully converted a baxi back boiler to run off propane /
butane bottled gas?

I have an application where I need to run a baxi boiler but don't have a
mains methane gas supply and need to run it off bottled gas...

Cheers

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills \(aka Set Square\)

Garp Garp wrote:

Hi,
Has anyone successfully converted a baxi back boiler to run off
propane / butane bottled gas?

I have an application where I need to run a baxi boiler but don't
have a mains methane gas supply and need to run it off bottled gas...

Cheers

I'm sure that when I installed a Baxi Bermuda in the late 1960's it could
have been supplied to run off either town gas or natural gas or calor gas -
just by changing the jets. I imagine that more recent versions will be the
same - at least in respect of natural gas or calor.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hi Roger,
That's the problem. I can get one supplied as new but I'm out to convert a
s/hand unit to run in the garden as a pool heater, hence the need for
bottled gas, and I don't want to spend a fortune on this project!!!

Cheers!!

"Roger Mills (aka Set Square)" wrote in message
Garp Garp wrote:

Hi,
Has anyone successfully converted a baxi back boiler to run off
propane / butane bottled gas?

I have an application where I need to run a baxi boiler but don't
have a mains methane gas supply and need to run it off bottled gas...

Cheers

I'm sure that when I installed a Baxi Bermuda in the late 1960's it could
have been supplied to run off either town gas or natural gas or calor
gas - just by changing the jets. I imagine that more recent versions will
be the same - at least in respect of natural gas or calor.
--
Cheers,
Roger
______
Please reply to newsgroup.
Reply address IS valid, but is disposable in the event of excessive
spam.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills \(aka Set Square\)

Garp Garp wrote:

Hi Roger,
That's the problem. I can get one supplied as new but I'm out to
convert a s/hand unit to run in the garden as a pool heater, hence
the need for bottled gas, and I don't want to spend a fortune on this
project!!!
Cheers!!

If the same basic boiler is made in two versions - for natural and calor
gas - there ain'y going to be all that much difference, and you should be
able to buy the jets for the other version and convert it.

You need to contact Baxi's technical department, and tell them the model
number, and find out what parts you need.

[I notice that Partscenter do an LPG to NG conversion kit for about
£88+VAT - so there may be one for going the other way].
--
Cheers,
Roger