Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman

Default Bosch Diy Psb 24ve2 Cordless Combi Hammer Drill

Hi All

Bosch Diy Psb 24ve2 Cordless Combi Hammer Drill.

Anyone got one? Opinions?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Bosch Diy Psb 24ve2 Cordless Combi Hammer Drill.

Anyone got one? Opinions?

24v is silly for a cordless drill. Unless an SDS type. It makes it far too
heavy and bulky.

--
*When I'm not in my right mind, my left mind gets pretty crowded *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

24v is silly for a cordless drill. Unless an SDS type. It makes it
far too heavy and bulky.

Compared to the DeWalt, Bosch Blue and Makita 12v drill/drivers which are
2.3 - 2.4 kg this is only 2.6 kg, so it doesn't seem that heavy. In fact
it's lighter than some 14.4v.

Anyone got one?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

The Medway Handyman wrote:

24v is silly for a cordless drill. Unless an SDS type. It makes it
far too heavy and bulky.

Compared to the DeWalt, Bosch Blue and Makita 12v drill/drivers which are
2.3 - 2.4 kg this is only 2.6 kg, so it doesn't seem that heavy. In fact
it's lighter than some 14.4v.

That alone would worry me. Decent batteries are heavy! (unless they have
dropped to a smaller cell form factor - say AA).

There is something about the specs that don't add up on that drill. Max
torque is listed as 25Nm - which for a 24V tool is abysmal! Compare it
to the 12V makita for example he

http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts/...roduct=299 19

Half the voltage and yet 65Nm torque (admitedly some of this is as a
result of it having a three speed gearbox - but even the older 2 speed
version gave double the torque of the bosch). Along with an all metal
gearbox and a couple of 3Ah batts (could not find the capacity of the
Bosch ones) for the same sort of money.

Anyone got one?

Nope, so view my comments for what they are - conjecture. However on
paper I know which I would choose.

http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts/...roduct=310 71

looks ok as well.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Hi All

Bosch Diy Psb 24ve2 Cordless Combi Hammer Drill.

Anyone got one?

I've got one it works fine, the only issue with the weight was when
screwing plasterboard to a ceiling, when i bought it they were doing a
deal, buy a 24 volt and get a 12 volt free, i find i usually use the 12
volt for screwdriving and the 24 for drilling. it has no problems
drilling masonry on hammer action, i once drilled a 20mm hole through a
9" wall which was pushing it a bit, but its still working. I havn't
owned any other brand of cordless to compere it with although we have
makitas at work and they are also very good

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Hi All

Bosch Diy Psb 24ve2 Cordless Combi Hammer Drill.

Anyone got one? Opinions?

See recent thread on a similar DeWalt drill. impact Driver, etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark S.

On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 23:06:30 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Hi All

Bosch Diy Psb 24ve2 Cordless Combi Hammer Drill.

Anyone got one? Opinions?

I've got one and it's ok apart from it's not ideal for holding over
your head for long periods.

Plenty of torque and battery life.

Forget the hammer function as it's not a patch on having a seperate
sds drill but for general use it's been good.

Mark S.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Mark S." wrote in message
On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 23:06:30 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Hi All

Bosch Diy Psb 24ve2 Cordless Combi Hammer Drill.

Anyone got one? Opinions?

I've got one and it's ok apart from it's not ideal for holding over
your head for long periods.

Plenty of torque and battery life.

Forget the hammer function as it's not a patch on having a seperate
sds drill but for general use it's been good.

I agree. A light and well balanced drill/driver is what you need of 14.4v
max. Some 18v version are light enough, but try first. The Wickes/Kress
15.5v version is v good and light enough (the one which converts to an angle
drill).